Share Your Desktop

Xfce 4.16 is supposed to be out later this year. I think June?

Itā€™sā€¦ ā€œAlmost solarizedā€ but not ugly. Made we wish there was a GTK3 theme, too.
Also, I wonā€™t lie: Your basic setup made me have to zoom in to your screenfetch to make sure it wasnā€™t Xfce but KDE you were running :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. And thatā€™s break neck speed for being Xfce

Hi @Jao, if you want the Eos logo directly :

screenfetch

I think ā€œalmost solarizedā€ is a good way to describe the theme. There is technically a GTK theme, but it is doesnā€™t carry over the border styling and only really works with the KDE theming and gtk3-nocsd-git .

The XFCE look is partly the result of the theme, partly the result of my own tastes.

1 Like

Screenshot_20200124_183017

simple clean look , i like it this way .

11 Likes

xfwm4
Xfwm4 only, no xfce beside the terminal. No Panels no borders, no menus, no confusion :smile:
Itā€™s main task is music server(Roonserver) and from time to time I connect to Shadow for a little gaming-session.

3 Likes

neofetch is still not updated on archreposā€¦ but you can take my package:

http://endeavour.kamprad.net/packages/neofetch/

3 Likes

Something I am working onā€¦

modrian 1

modrian 2

modrian 3

8 Likes

Piet Mondrian :netherlands: painter.

3 Likes

The Mondrian Desktop !

3 Likes

I think Iā€™ve finally found a desktop combination that works for me. Itā€™s not flashy, but is functional and easy on the eyes. Thanks to @nohbody for pointing me to card.
Theme - Card
Plasma Style - Breeze Dark
Application style - Oxygen
Colors - I substituted similar shades of blue for the green in Card
Icons - Elementary
The panel at the bottom is Latte Dock and pops up when needed by running the cursor to the bottom of the screen.

screen

5 Likes

Hereā€™s my latest. Pretty much, same old.

4 Likes

ā€¦ and an update

7 Likes

Going dark!

Screenshot_20200129_012837

7 Likes

screen_desktop

10 Likes

@ricklinux
Dark is great isnā€™t it? Is that Arc Dark theme?
Iā€™ve been using Arc Dark on all the machines, I like the icons.

@ringo
Sadly the Burger test machine I believe has a bad drive, otherwise it would be showing in this screenshotā€¦
However, Iā€™ve got my wifeā€™s new machine ready to go, just need to change the Eye of the Beholder wallpaper to something she will actually like :stuck_out_tongue:

So now, as youā€™d previously ask regarding 1 keyboard, Iā€™ve got VNC server running on my server and the wifeā€™s new machine, so now I can come home and update everything from my reclining Conn chair using 1 keyboard & mouse -Huzzah!- :sandwich: :pizza: :beer: :hamburger:

2 Likes

It was Qogir Dark. Iā€™m still having trouble settling into KDE plasma. Like how it works but it is missing something for me but I just canā€™t figure out what? I keep going back and forth. 5.18 should be out shortly and has new features. I will keep trying it.

3 Likes

@ricklinux
I hope you find that little nicheā€™ your looking for plasma to do, I think it great.
I always thought the desktop cube was impressive with dual monitors, but when I got this third one, it blew my mind, I wish I could SS shot it in mid turn.
Do you set yours up with a application menu like winxp?
You can right click your start button and change it, jic you didnā€™t know.
I canā€™t stand it when a desktop looks like cellphone buttons or the menu doesnā€™t work in a tree style look
That was one of the first things I had to do when I found plasma, but after that, I was sure this is what I was sticking with.
Maybe you just need another monitor lol

1 Like

How is it possible that she doesnā€™t like the ā€œEye of the Beholderā€-Wallpaper? :thinking: I donā€™t get it. :wink:

2 Likes