Plasma 6 (KDE) just reaching the repositories

No issues here.

I have to agree. The newer System Monitor has a lot of great features. Very high up - at least on my feature list - is performance though, and oh boy it’s really bad. I started to use htop now. I can often open htop, do my thing and close it before System Monitor even renders the process list.

One usually uses such a tool when the system is getting sluggish, to see what’s going on. With KDE System Monitor, the system gets sluggish the moment you open the tool. The tool’s X button works like a general purpose “make your system run faster” button :rofl:

3 Likes

So your nerd fonts are rendered correctly in Konsole and Kate? Which fonts are you using?

I’m using ttf-cascadia-code-nerd.

Screenshot_20240307_095414

I assume you checked that the correct font is used in e.g. the Konsole appearance settings? Maybe clearing the font cache helps fc-cache --force?

Thanks for the tip, that solve the huge UI issue for me.

1 Like

Windows

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ksysguard

2 Likes

It’s just for a psychotherapy for now…

This app is unmaintained and no longer released by the KDE community.

so fork it :vulcan_salute:

Nah…Look at the dependenices at AUR, it would be easier to do something new with blackjack and hookers :wink:

1 Like

To revert to X11 from Wayland open SDDM → Behaviour… → Automatically log in…with session Plasma (X11).

2 Likes

Install phonon-qt6-mpv-git first.

Then uninstall phonon-qt6-vlc

After you have uninstalled phonon-qt6-vlc then:

Uninstall vlc.

1 Like

done, thx @Melways

Booting to this under qemu ( black screen with a cursor that doesn’t react to my mouse ), not sure if it’s kde or sddm as it’s set to auto login.

I’ve got ssh access to fix it, trying to figure out if there’s a config file I can default to x11 rather than wayland to try.

anyway to do this from the command line.

try this (found in manjaro forum)

I don’t have the /etc/sddm.conf.d/00-default.conf file to edit

Only file in that directory is kde_settings.conf and that doeesn’t have anything relevant.

Fixed it:

Need to have a autologin setup in /etc/sddm.conf with the following.

[Autologin]
User=duncanm
Session=plasmax11

The key thing being it used to be plasma for the session but now it is plasmax11

1 Like

I am also mourning the loss of ksysguard :frowning:

1 Like