Plasma 6 (KDE) just reaching the repositories

unmaintained… is unmaintained… so it is good to remove that package from repositories from what i think… you still can build install it from AUR.

But why the hell is qbittorent not working now? How else will I acquire my “Linux .iso’s”?

I’ve meant fine as it’s still present.
It’s indeed crappy piece of the software and somehow too much of a resource hoag for a something that’s supposed to watch the workload without impacting it on it’s own.

Working on my end under both Wayland and X11. Is it just not launching or something else?

It’s not launching after the big update, aside from that most other things seem to work.

You might want to try opening it from the terminal and see if it spits out any errors/create a new thread to get this solved.

THERE it is. I was really disappointed that I couldn’t find a way to do this in the settings menu, but I was just not seeing the ‘behavior’ sub-menu.

I’m having a similar issue with Wayland & nvidia. Then again, they have never played well together.

I also have issues when waking from sleep that one virtual desktop will be partially displaying in a different one. Or portions of the screen are just black. No problems like that in X11.

2 Likes

Nothing at all comes up when I try to launch it from Konsole. It just gives up and exits the prompt. I’ll probably make a new thread per your suggestion. I figured I wasn’t the only one with this issue. Just my luck, I guess.

1 Like

This is probably a long shot, but check if you have qt6-wayland installed.

default should look like this:
2024-03-07_16-49
and user will be in autologin group.

and yea indeed setting session to plasmax11 there will be the way to load x11 by default

Will there be a new iso? I’m guessing with the current iso, if you install KDE, and in livecd, there will be a massive update to download?

so what is the new task manager/monitor in KDE now?

Offline install yes that’s the main reason to push a new ISO.
We will release one asap, but as always we go to test it before, plasma6 went into repos yesterday so we are into the process… Current release should be fine as long as you use the recommended online installer… offline will need a huge update after booting into it. And it will have some orphans on the packages…

I see that we may, should post an announcement with some information about the state of the ISO.

4 Likes

thank you very much. Yes I understand it is not trivial, I would actually prefer if you took your time, because its a new release and I expect that we will see rapid churn and maybe a quick point release and bug fixes coming soon.

1 Like

Meta+Esc, it’s plasma-systemmonitor.

the desktop cube doesn’t work. 4 Workspaces are set. Neither META+C nor an active corner

Grid view on screen edge is borked.

It’s supposed to be part of “Overview” now, but you can only select “Overview” on screen edge, which as far as I can tell is completely redundant with “present windows”.

The effect exists under Meta+G, I just can’t bind it to screen edge.

:frowning:

edit: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=478137

edit: and that’s why you wait a few point releases before switching :stuck_out_tongue:

Fortunately I anticipated this and didn’t update my main system, only my spare laptop, for testing purposes.

yes i do not get it shown up at all here too

Hmm, I just tried it and it works here. Steps I did was first apply the cube then I added the workspaces.

3 Likes