Plasma 6 (KDE) just reaching the repositories

As ususal:

Don’t Panic!

2024-03-06_19-07

In case be aware of some little Bugs … and simply wait for updating your system today and may the next days. You do not have to update all the time. If you do not want to run in possible problems, others already only waiting to got all the Bugs …

https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/plasma-workspace/

I will just see what happens in testing setups and there are a lot kde users ready to help each other.

20 Likes

Just my luck that I decided today to update my system without being aware that Plasma 6 is out and immediately run into issues :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

I tried a fresh install in a VM now the KDE6 update is in the main repos, with the latest Galileo Neo 2024-01.25 ISO.

Went extremely well even with an 86 item user_pkglist.txt :+1:

The only issue was that the installer didn’t like kimageformats (or kdesu) being in the user_pkglist.txt. The now superfluous kimageformats5 is in the KDE package list in the installer, but does no harm, and I was able to install both kimageformats & kdesu after booting in the new installation.

So hopefully there will be very few posts here from people having trouble installing… at least with regards to KDE6.

3 Likes

I had the same problem. The problem I encountered is an impossibly low resolution in the new version of LibreOffice. I have no idea how to fix this. In other words, the proportions of the interface and font are now 3 times as large as before.

2 Likes

My… friend… had a similar issue a few months ago. Perhaps you have some old settings somewhere.

2 Likes

:scream: :scream_cat:
:astonished: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

scream_72

2 Likes

Done the update. Am on Plasma 6, Wayland. All’s well at my end.

Previews on taskbar of running apps still not showing though.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=477478

1 Like

Well great, i’ve tried in VirtualBoxVM and booted into black screen, yaaaaay :smiley:

1 Like

Wayland doesn’t work in VirtualBox, as far as I know.

I could have ended the sentence above after the word “work”, everything else is redundant. :frog:

7 Likes

That’s indeed what I’ve read.

Finally I got it! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for that :rofl: , it was clear that something like that would come from you in connection with Wayland …

Scaling in Libreoffice does not seem to be possible, it also no longer takes over the scaling of the system (1440p in my case).

2 Likes

Well, I’ll recommend you the same thing as what I recommended to my friend:

1 Like

Well ain’t that great…

So…what files one need to edit to enable X11 session via live-iso on VM…? :rofl:

7 Likes

Just select it in SDDM. It’s the tiniest little menu in the bottom left corner of the screen.

1 Like

I have now solved it differently: LO fresh down, LO still on and everything is good again :wink:

3 Likes

IT WEEEERKS! :frog:

P.S. No sh*t it works, it’s not Wayland… :roll_eyes:

I see they did a lot of work…
That’s perfect initial size for a terminal.

P.S. To play some snek :rofl:

8 Likes

Ah yes, the deathloop mode. :snake:

2 Likes