Plasma 6 (KDE) just reaching the repositories

i said:

NO DON`T !!!

@keybreak @kresimir

3 Likes

Nice! Following this blog post I was already able to watch a HDR movie on Plasma 6 :eyes:.

That’s what I have been waiting for. HDR :tada:.

1 Like

TOO LATE NOW!!!

2 Likes

TOO LATE indeed…Wayland induced panic :rofl:

1 Like

Runs fine here.

3 Likes

Have you installed some packages on host or something?

That happened on my machine too! I thought it was just me

1 Like

What the FSCK?!?!?!?!?
They’ve just removed my perfect ksysguard and forced their slow bloated sh*tty System crap instead…

ksysguard is not even in repos anymore?! :clown_face:

This app is unmaintained and no longer released by the KDE community.

honka_memes-128px-21

2 Likes

FWIW, the only issues I have seen so far are theme related. I was using some random nordic stuff, and the system was choppy. I switched it to default breeze stuff, and all that went away. This included plasma theme, cursor theme (just to be sure), login screen, and icons.

Oh, and superpaper is not working correctly, but that’s par for the course. Honestly not sure if that is the same or different.

1 Like

I believe they show up for me. It’s just that they take a while sometimes especially Firefox.

1 Like

I don’t think was ever ported to Qt6. I know there was some non-compatible with Qt6 stuff in it that would have needed changing.

1 Like

Well ain’t that convenient…
I love ksysguard on every desktop, it was the best, fastest GUI system monitor.

Their new System monitor is garbage, extremely slow and glitchy, even after year or something of development…

1 Like

Their system monitor is adequate for my purposes, but I guess I never used ksysguard…

Alas I have only Fedora rawhide kinoite Installation in VirtualBox at the moment, whatever was installed out of the box. No problem with plasma 6 Wayland.

If I find the time I’ll try it with EndevourOS.

Probably they have some special treatment in there, maybe i’ts because host is wayland too

I have updated to Plasma 6 on 2 laptops and one desktop. No immediate issue so far (Apart the initial size of Konsole when it opens the first time), but after resizing it, all OK.

2 Likes

Is it possible to disable the upgrade to version 6?

You can prevent it from updating (by adding all of the Plasma-related packages to IgnorePkg in your /etc/pacman.conf, but partial updates on Arch are not supported, and as dependencies get updated, there would be breakage. Staying indefinitely on Plasma 5 is not an option on Arch, unless someone decides to maintain it, which is unlikely.

I would advise just not updating the system for a few days or weeks, until many of the teething issues are fixed.

And, if you really hate Plasma 6, consider looking into alternatives. It’s not the only DE out there.

1 Like

It would painful to block that given how many different interrelated packages there are. Also as @Kresimir states, it would break after a period of time as libraries went out of sync.

2 Likes

Anyone else with a completely broken Wayland session running on the NVIDIA driver 550? Only X11 working.

2 Likes