What I do when I am not dealing with Linux

That’s an awesome ride. :smiley:

Just one question: do you have AC in there? I would expect to be really hot inside during the summer.

I would :heart: it, but I’m all out of hearts for today, being a basic TL1 user.

4 Likes

When I’m away from Linux, I read, take photos, go on trips, listen to music, I’m with my family. So nothing special.

4 Likes

No, it is a recumbent bicycle, so you just catch the airflow when riding. Under the pedals are also two holes for your feet and airflow.

Just watch this video, it has english subtitles in the settings.

https://youtu.be/KV7X4eNmuz0

3 Likes

Canada is always beautiful. Many of my compatriots live there. I hope that one day I can see the maple leaf country.

2 Likes

Yes it is gorgeous in the summer, especially the North. If you like to fish it is unbelievable fishing up north. Plus if you go in the early summer you can fish all day and night if you want. Depending on your location the days are almost endless.

I am biased of course, but Canada is an outdoors paradise in the summer. The winters are another story completely. :wink:

5 Likes

Sums it? :laughing:
I get used to extremely frozen places :slight_smile:

P.S. Love Canada too :wink:

2 Likes

No offense to Manitobans, but I don’t think Winnipeg rates too highly on anyone’s travel itinerary be it summer or winter.

3 Likes

I will never forget my trip to Vancouver and visiting a nice quiet arboretum, peacefully touring the grounds, when out onto the trail popped a large black squirrel-friend. :chipmunk: I was enamored with its beauty being the first black specimen I had ever spotted, especially compared to our dull-grey variety in the US. That enthusiasm quickly ended when the little f*cker was joined by another, then another…until one by one they all jumped out forming a colony of voracious, hungry woodland creatures, a sea of black fur, all the while inching closer to me.

I panicked and turned to run, (screaming,) all the while my friend at the far end was doubled over laughing. They must have chased me a good mile (exaggeration.) I am not sure what finally distracted them, probably a gardener with pockets full of bread crumbs. I am also not certain what you Canadians feed those things, but it was my Steven King Canadian horror story I will never forget.

7 Likes

You’ll find that they feed themselves just fine - but some people accidentally feed them with what the birds at the feeders dump on the ground… or what they get FROM the feeder!

For deliberate feeding, most of us stick to peanuts for the chipmunks :smile:

3 Likes

In winter, sledges and skis come to the fore.

1 Like

Come on down in winter. It’s beautiful here. First beer is on me.

3 Likes

idu

2 Likes

Hehe, nice try! :grin: But you can’t translate English to Egyptian word for word.

2 Likes

Well in my case it is kind of obvious. Besides my day job I volunteer in the local fire department :fire_engine:. In addition to that I also practice karate :martial_arts_uniform:.

11 Likes

Oh wow, i never thought you’re for real!
That’s cool :man_firefighter:

2 Likes

How is that not a Steven Segal film?

“I’m an old karate champion who now saves people and animals from burning houses - you took my dog.”

:joy:

11 Likes

When I’m not dealing with Linux/OpenBSD I work as a paramedic, that’s a Registered nurse working in an ambulance. So this crazy year has been challenging.

9 Likes

Been through it or past it? :thinking:

When I’m not dealing with linux I…wait…I deal with linux. Linux SysAdmin at work, and freelance sysadmin for a few people on the side, and use linux as my own personal OS. So, I’m really NEVER not dealing with linux.

7 Likes

Another one has left our workshop …

grafik

7 Likes