What I do when I am not dealing with Linux

Canada in the summer is awesome. It’s fishing for me that is my outdoors passion. It’s the rest of the year in Canada that is hard to take, especially as you get older. Rain and snow aren’t much fun when it’s the majority of the year.

Awesome to see you here @anon37112038

8 Likes

I am the type of person that has way too many hobbies so I end up doing all of them poorly.

For the last year, most of non-computer time has been spent working on my health and general fitness.

11 Likes

You and me, both. I never mentioned it but…

Fortunately, I’m adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.

4 Likes

What? The choppers were steam gauges too? :grin:

I wonder what you define as a small sport plane… C-150? Icon A5? Citabria? Husky? There’s a pretty wide range there… not to mention PA-28’s and the like.

There’s not much that’s better - except for the part where you pay for the fuel…

3 Likes

With my pilot friend I have flown enough in this one:
SESNA 180
Cute single engine and very noble!

10 Likes

At least they make you learn the rudder pedals! My only 'dragger practice was in a Citabria and a Cub. I also go to find out about full-deflection flight controls when taxi-ing too! (Windy place, Springbank airport near Calgary Alberta :grin:)

BTW - in one way a 180 is rather to the heavier side of ‘light’, isn’t it? I haven’t tried one without floats, but it seemed heavier to me…

2 Likes

IMG_20200728_021558
last weekend i do BBQ for Golfers :wink:

10 Likes

I hope they BBQ’s AFTER their rounds… I’ve had some tough times trying to make the back 9 with the extra ‘load’ on board!

2 Likes

they are very sporty, they do come after finishing the course and drink only alc free Beer :wink:
and aside from this i do try to get the Fluxkompensator inside my Gaggia Classic working:

IMG_20200728_022403

3 Likes

That’s awesome! Do you always work at a course, or was this for a golf event? That’s very cool to see someone else on a golf course though!

Here’s my assistant with me at work.

7 Likes

ROFL looks like they ran away from your food and forgot their clubs…

3 Likes

Lot’s of what I do for fun involves my laptop = Linux, recently got into programing a blood pressure tracking app for Android, just out of curiosity, well and necessity. Boy, steep, steep learning curve :slight_smile:

But this baby is for the time without anything IT related.

I pride myself with playing good enough so I enjoy, but not good enough so others enjoy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I friend of me is the chef there i was only helping out on the BBQ

3 Likes

They were very thirsty and fled to the terrace from the sun :wink: and orders needs to be placed on service not on the chefs ! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Apart from my job, I also enjoy studying music theory (harmony, counterpoint, classical forms, composition), and I also study the Middle Egyptian language.

jnjwrx

12 Likes

No translation attached? Deepl can’t handle it… :grin:

2 Likes

It’s a question, maybe someone will answer it in Middle Egyptian…

It’s nothing rude or NSFW, I promise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm - thought I saw something about following a recipe for preparing dinner… but I could be wrong!

1 Like

when I’m not dealing with Linux I ride my Velomobile, at this moment I’m touring through The Netherlands with it.

Orca black

19 Likes

@Bryanpwo
Nice to meet you mr. Velo-Batman! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes