What games are you playing?

Bought it myself, and it’s very nice. Haven’t got far as yet, but I have a weekend to myself where my mouse button durability will be rightly tested :rofl:

Over time I always play this looter shooter. Got me through the whole stay at home for many months.

Since they were on a flash Steam sale, I picked up the last 3 Yakuza games that I did not have. Their world building is amazing. Wandering around the world and looking at the shops and other places, reminds me of when I was living in Japan. The Disco and Karaoke mini-games in Yakuza 0 are a blast.

20180922201348_1

20181013205340_1

Screenshot_20211001_181633

2 Likes

Currently i am stuck in tuxkarts until i am supertux lol

you guys installed windows 10 in virtualbox for gaming or directly with playonlinux?

Windoze is garbage.

We use wine or steam

2 Likes

I am back into the not safe for work, definitely not family friendly, wacky, wild world of the Yakuza series with Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

20210924210844_1

2 Likes

Are you interested in free old MMPOG, the hard one, that does not hold your hand? Check out Everquest emulators P99 or TAKP. For first one, you should have original titanium CD’s, but there are links on reddit to get the iso’s. Second one (TAKP) downloads game client for you. Oh, skip first “M”, it is not Massive :slight_smile:

TAKP is Everquest version, that was running only on Machintos computers. Installer script downloads the game for you. It is free, no micro transactions, no pay for win, old classic style, old graphic (win32) but some love it. It is hard and brutal. No quest pointers, no ingame maps, and you will die a lot, starting at level 1!

If you decide to give it a try, this is their web page:

First you need to set up your forum account. Inside it, you can then set up up to 10 game accounts and each can have several different characters to play. You can play with up to 3 at the same time if you wish to do so (3 boxing) or just play one character - simpler.

This is what you need to do first on Endeavour, get 32 bit drivers (mine GPU is AMD)

sudo pacman -S lib32-amdvlk
sudo pacman -S lib32-vkd3d
sudo pacman -S lib32-vulkan-radeon

sudo pacman -S cabextract
sudo pacman -S wine

After you are done, with above steps, you DL install script:

curl -o takp_launcher.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kai4785/takp/master/launcher.sh
./takp_launcher.sh install

And run it:

./takp_launcher.sh install

Script will dl the game client and install it.

More about install:
https://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started_on_Linux_(v2)

Warning! It is addictive!

Thanks for the recommendations! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have one fear in life, the hairy wood ape, which is why I never go camping. Probably from watching The Legend of Boggy Creek as a child. So, of course, what do I do? Play this gem, or at least try to…

I got as far as it turning into night in the middle of the woods, running back to my camper in fear, only to have Bigfoot slam into it and appear in the window screaming at me. I literally wet myself and stopped playing. Nope! :footprints:

1 Like

Finally got Horizon 4 working with Proton Experimental.

1 Like

Currently playing “Storybook Brawl” on Steam.

Works great on Linux with Proton 6.3-6.

I started playing this briefly but I think the buttons to my Steam controller need programmed differently, need to figure it out. From the little I played so far, awesome game. Runs well on Linux.

Installed Battlefield 1 yesterday and it seems to work great. I get over 100 FPS in some missions and always over 80 frames. Even with 3440x1440 resolution. Everything is set to medium in the graphics settings and DX12 disabled. Game still ooks good. And it’s now free to play!

Another game I was trying to get working was the new Battlefield 2042 beta. Doesn’t launch, says intel driver detected and old windows version detected.

Next on the list is POLYGON.

Far Cry 6

Well managed to get my horse stuck…

Screenshot_2021-10-07_21-32-08

2 Likes

Played level 1 of this game last night, just released, kind of fun for a fps based in hell and as such full of nudity, sexual shenanigans, and so much …GORE, etc., etc.,…

(Oh and works perfectly using Lutris/proton-ge, so I assume the same for Steam.)

Managed to get Quake 2 RTX working with the latest mesa-git version on my 5700XT. Runs in a window of 1280x720 but internally rendering at 960x540 at 60fps.

Still, pretty awesome to see. Can’t wait what they will pull off when they are starting to optimize the code.

q2rtx

Baba is You, Mad Max, Cities: Skylines …

Baba is f incredible! Loving it!