Vote! (the only Poll with impact)

Very interdasting! :nerd_face:

Well, not really. It’s somewhat expected.

Come on Gnome users!! Show your strength! :mechanical_arm:

You had to spill the beans, of course! :roll_eyes:

Not the only thing to get spilled these days…(sigh)

Oh well - too many beans are contra-indicated now anyway!

i3wm + LXQt here

+1 gnome. Less features been I spend more time watching por. . . . Err gaming on the Legion and less time fiddling with settings.

4 Likes

KDE Plasma, it’s as close to perfection as Windows 7 was.

1 Like

Cinnamon, but not by choice. Will probably switch to KDE on my new computer if I can get it to work properly :grimacing:

Right now back to gnome, wiped KDE :laughing:

3 Likes

This poll is proving that about half the people on this forum are wrong. . . I mean, not that there’s a right or wrong answer. . . but there is.

Sorry @keybreak and @Kresimir I mean who’d have thought either of you would be in the “majority.”

5 Likes

@keybreak @Kresimir
No Gnome for me …it doesn’t fit in. :rofl:

1 Like

All i have to say is…Majority is BLOAT!

honka_memes-128px-50

2 Likes

I think KDE has always been close to Windows. The desktop environment that makes switching from Windows to Linux easy.

1 Like

i have unbloated the results

5 Likes

Well done - what news media do you work for again?

Buddies of Budgie News

3 Likes

That’s true :rofl:

Concept is similar, click on the bottom left for apps, squared windows with an x button on the right. No offense.

Although that was win 95 design base.

Win 11 has now resemblance to Gnome, so in a way copied that?

We all should go back to the basics, everything else is bloat. Including flat screen. Floppy is back baby :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Plasma is nothing like Windows. It’s just a desktop like any other desktop. We can say the same for Cinnamon or any other is similar concept. They are desktops with visual differences. They still all click on icons or have some GUI programs. Use what ever you want. I use Kde Btw and Cinnamon and Xfce and others too sometimes. They are all desktops and so is Windows. But these are EndeavourOS! :rofl:

Not anything like Windows! :wink:

2 Likes

It is a LOT like Windows - that excrescence has influenced things far beyond it’s worth over the years. Even XFCE can be made to resemble some of its offenses against good sense :grin:

In the old days of KDE, the resemblance was stronger, and it was more difficult to avoid… although always confusing. At least XFCE can be easily changed to a top left access to things, and close/min/max buttons can be put back on the left where they should be (for those who read left2right, top2bottom anyway. I suspect one cna do that to KDE now, but it is far too difficult to learn how :duck:

1 Like