Vote! (the only Poll with impact)

funny XFCE4 lovers :wink:
KDE now on its default position! :gear:
Gnome und Cinnamon Head to Head! :racing_car:

1 Like

We’re not necessarily funny - some of us are just OLD! The thing with XFCE is that it works reliably best in show there and doesn’t take a lot of time to make it look OK. Thunar gives lots of flexibility (both in looks and functionality - including special addons) and the pace of ‘improvement’ is slow and considered. I think I’ll keep it! :grin:

5 Likes

Wayland is still broken, Xeyes do not work. It’s not yet ready for serious users.

2 Likes

I also want simplescreenrecorder to work on it. :disappointed:

1 Like

Hello and nice to be here.
I am running on endeavour for a while now, since end of last year sometime, and I’ve tried alternatively different DEs, even openbox at some point, settled in the end for XFCE, because… this (hoping it uploads OK):

I ran Fedora with Gnome for most of last year without any issues, I find that most major DEs nowadays work just fine, I am realy looking forward to Wayland getting optimized and tweaked to “squeeze” the best out of it.

XFCE although it is considered “dated” it retains a certain flexibility and allows for customization that can impress, even without much knowledge.

4 Likes

And flameshot

1 Like

Where’s fvwm-crystal choice? :smiley:

Openbox

2 Likes

This looks pretty nice. Is it a side dock? Are the numbers at the bottom workspaces? I see a date weather thing. Is that a conky?

All of those are xfce panels, no conky was harmed during this production, no specialized dock, just simple panels with specific customization for each.
Yes, the numbers are the very creative workspace names :grin:: I placed the ws-switcher and the open windows list in the same panel.

3 Likes

Currently 61 voters, 76 votes… who has more than one vote? :wink:

Figures dont lie but, liars figure. :wink: :sweat_smile:

you can run more than one Desktop

1 Like

So if one is using many desktops, then also has more votes? :rofl:

misleading somehow… indeed :wink:

KDE leads quite nicely in this poll. What are the reasons for this?

0% Budgie 0% Mate? That can’t be. I think we are missing some voters. :laughing:

i3wm, this is the first time I use a tiled window manager like this It was quite difficult but I got the hang of it now.

kde users are nerds

79… voters and we are at the EndeavourOS Forum anyway … look at place 2 and 3 :wink:

1 Like