Views on MacOS?

No its not if you know what you are doing,
Even Ms tries to force you to only use software from its App store then we have Ubuntu with snaps, And of course Linux in general with repros they are all the same, But once you know how to jailbreak its easy.

1 Like

I think we will discuss this forever. We have to accept that we think differently.

We know that Linux is the best! That’s enough for me! :wink:

I hate Windows now and i hated it then. 30 years of the same nonsense. Windows update problems, Blue Screen Of Death, Constant restarting. Now we have crap apps from the Windows store. Then there’s the virus and malware problems. Installing Culmulative updates that require you to boot multiple times to install it. Then there are the failures and inability to install certain updates. Generic errors that you can never fix with the solutions they provide. Well …sometimes they work for some! You have to pay for this need i remind you!

3 Likes

You can say that again lol.

I’m out of the discussion now. We have different views on everything.

:heart:

We can agree you have fast internet? That’s my view!

1 Like

Sorry I have to disagree. The worst thing is the company responsible for the OS. :wink:

I’ve never owned a Mac but if i did it would be an Imac because i am a desktop user mostly. Not willing to pay the price. I think MacOS has to be good as it also come like Linux. But i know also it is too proprietary so it has that against it too. Can’t say much else not using it for any length of time. It’s gotta be better than Windoze?

Decent computers? Maybe. But absolutely overprized for the hardware. And as we all know all evil started when a woman thought she could have a bite of the forbidden fruit (apple). So I think the logo of the company was not chosen wisely. Although it might be appropriate for the company’s politics. :wink:

1 Like

Bonus picture of Apple:

A1

A2

Yep, I was so into Apple before! :smiley:

Holy Mac Apple! The head looks a little off for the body size. :grin:

1 Like

You can not get everything! Nice body, no brain! :wink:

There can for sure be no discussion that Mac OS or iOS are way better than Windows. Both, Linux and Apple OSs are both Unix derivates and because of that reason very similar. But I would rather prefer using Windows than spending way to much money for inferior hardware and support a company with a policy which is at least as bad as Microsoft’s policy.

Apple’s hardware is not good today. That’s what made me switch to Linux/Windows.

Apple only thinks about design and how they can make money on people who do not know better.

Let’s roll right to trash bin!
Just 699 $ :rofl:

1 Like

BTW, you use arch…

1 Like

The problem is that a lot of people who buy that stuff do know better. They are just addicted to the brand and want to buy status symbols. At least I know quite a few people who just buy that stuff for those reasons. I had a lot of discussions about this topic. It’s all about the logo.

Edit : It’s sad but true : Apple did everething right. They don’t have to offer good products and they will still sell a lot of units.

1 Like

I swapped my Mac minis for some Lenovo computers:

tc3YlLg

One runs Windows and one runs Linux! Never had any problems with the hardware on them. Maybe not as good looking!

I think I get 2 for the same price as a new Mini with similar hardware.

2 Likes

I had some of those enclosures!!

1 Like

The small ones or the bigger ones?