Translators wanted

Sounds like a good idea. Consider learning one that EOS isn’t translated to yet. :grin:

1 Like

And here I thought that EndeavourOS is English(GB). :laughing:

1 Like

I can do Hindi, but I won’t be able to translate the entire thing. Just some parts.

2 Likes

Hi! Thanks for wanting to help :enos_flag:

There is already a Hindi translation file, added in Feb 2021. I have left some words in English as it is. So you could translate them. Few technical words like “install”, “uninstall”, “dependencies”, “mirror” etc didn’t seem to have an accurate Hindi translation.

You could proofread if you like.

Here are the instructions to test translations :point_down:

And there was a related discussion at this thread :point_down:

PS. You can message me if you need help with something Hindi related, or post on this thread for general queries :v:

Edit:

Some new strings haven’t been translated, which you could do.

Missing strings
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_conf': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_more_wall': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_more_wall_tip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_info': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'butt_softnews': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'butt_softnews_tip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'install_community': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'install_community_tip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'ins_syslog': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'ins_syslogtip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'ins_logtool': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'ins_logtooltip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'nb_tab_DailyAssistant': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'daily_assistant_text': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_itab': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_itab_tip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'daily_assist_apps': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'daily_assist_apps_tip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_vbox1': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_vbox2': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_r8168': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
Warning: Welcome: language 'hi' placeholder 'after_install_r8168_tip': translation not found, 'en' used as fallback.
2 Likes

Thanks, I had a look. The translations are alright.

2 Likes

Do you need some help with the Swedish translation still?, could help with that if its needed

2 Likes

Hey @Bryanpwo

I would translate and set up a German and Tagalog (Philippines) section/translation? :slight_smile:

Cheers

Andi

1 Like

Thanks! :sweat_smile:

Are you talking about the web translation or the Welcome app translation?
In the former case, @Bryanpwo is the right person to contact (although he is quite busy with other stuff currently).

But about the Welcome app:
We don’t have Tagalog translation, so that would be a nice contribution.
Our German translation is currently up to date, but if you want to help with it, that’s also great!

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

Uhhh, I am talking I guess in general mind of web translation + Welcome app. But as well here in the forum.
Should I ping @Bryanpwo PM here on forum or via Telegram?

I would like to start with the Welcome App Tagalog translation. Where to find the guidance?
For German translation I am as well open-minded to help out! :wink:

1 Like

I think Bryan will contact you when he has more time. He will see this discussion anyway.

Here is some document about translating Welcome. Look at near the end of that doc, heading Note for the translators.

Again, thanks for helping us to make EndeavourOS even better! :smile:

2 Likes

@andilinux Thank you for your offer! As @manuel already wrote, I’m very busy at this moment with things outside EndeavourOS, but I will come back full throttle very soon. :wink:

At this moment I also have an offer from another user as a German translator, but there can’t be enough, just in case the other is busy. The Tagalog language could be a very welcome addition to our project.

I will contact you as soon as possible for further details.

2 Likes

@Bryanpwo
Thx for your reply mate :wink: I really appreciate it that you have taken time to follow the discussion.

Don’t hurry yourself! I know such situations having less time for a project or projects.

Looking forward for further details :wink: !

1 Like

@manuel

Thx for sharing the link!

I hope that we all here - it doesnt’t matter small contributions will make EndeavourOS better and greater! :smiley:

1 Like

If its still needed, as an austrian woman i can other german translations.

1 Like

The more helping hands and eyes we have, the better the result will be! :sweat_smile:
Thanks for the offer! :+1:

There can be mistakes in the current translations, so already checking the translation will be of great help!

1 Like

I see,thank you.

I might try myself at proofreading this weekend than(somewhere specific i should look for it?)
If there is any other help needed in german you can dm me if youd like.

Thanks! The translations are mainly for the Welcome app. And you can see the general instructions somewhere on this thread… :wink:

There are many ways to make changes to the translation files (like a github pull request, or simply show the changes here at forum).

The translation file is already on your machine at
/usr/share/endeavouros/scripts/translation-de.bash
but changing that file manually is not recommended.

1 Like

Im on my phone right now so i likely skipped it,will go over as previously said on the weekend, thanks again.

Edit: regarding the forum if i find anything should i look for another thread, post it here, or make a entirely new post.

A new thread would be nice, because a changed translation is more specific than general discussion over all translations.

1 Like

Sent in my first translation PR this evening: https://github.com/endeavouros-team/PKGBUILDS/pull/142

1 Like