Translators wanted

If this last translation here is OK in your mind, then I can take it directly from here.
Is it OK?

1 Like

Sure Manuel, please take it from here, actually, this is what I was hoping for in the beginningā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™m merging the new translations soon.

1 Like

Glad to be able to help, even if just a little bit :slight_smile:

Yes, everything is ok now.

1 Like

Do we have a Korean catalogue? Iā€™m a bit proficient in that language hah.

1 Like

Nobody has translated Welcome to Korean yet.
If you think you want to do the job, then why not! :sweat_smile:

But note that Asian languages may cause small issues with yad, so if you start doing it, probably it is wise to test with a small number of sentences first and see how it looks in Welcome.

I also can help translating to korean

3 Likes

Not sure if I followed the correct steps this time in Github (Iā€™m new to it), so in case of errors, follow the proposed changes in translation-pt_BR.bash so you can take it directly from here.

# 2021-Apr-07:
_tr_add2 after_install_conf           "Configure"                             # a starting verb on a sentence "Configure eos-update-notifier"
_tr_add2 after_install_more_wall      "Baixe mais papƩis de parede do EndeavourOS"
_tr_add2 after_install_more_wall_tip  "Baixe papƩis de parede legados e da comunidade EndeavourOS"
_tr_add2 after_install_info           "informaĆ§Ć£o"                           # last word on a sentence, means just any information

_tr_add2 butt_softnews                "NotĆ­cias de software"
_tr_add2 butt_softnews_tip            "Importantes novidades sobre o EndeavourOS software"

_tr_add2 install_community            "Instale ediƧƵes da comunidade"
_tr_add2 install_community_tip        "EdiƧƵes da comunidade: Sway, Bspwm (nota: requer online)"
1 Like

Thanks for the contribution!
Didnā€™t see anything related at github, so I can take it here.

One question though: Is the English word ā€œConfigureā€ really the same in your language?

1 Like

Yes, configure is a verb in portuguese.

It has the same meaning in English, configure something, configure alguma coisa

Strange things :slight_smile:

Edit:

Maybe itā€™s better to change to match the pattern:

# 2021-Apr-07:
_tr_add2 after_install_conf           "ConfiguraĆ§Ć£o de"                             # a starting verb on a sentence "Configure eos-update-notifier"
_tr_add2 after_install_more_wall      "Baixe mais papƩis de parede do EndeavourOS"
_tr_add2 after_install_more_wall_tip  "Baixe papƩis de parede legados e da comunidade EndeavourOS"
_tr_add2 after_install_info           "informaĆ§Ć£o"                           # last word on a sentence, means just any information

_tr_add2 butt_softnews                "NotĆ­cias de software"
_tr_add2 butt_softnews_tip            "Importantes novidades sobre o EndeavourOS software"

_tr_add2 install_community            "Instale ediƧƵes da comunidade"
_tr_add2 install_community_tip        "EdiƧƵes da comunidade: Sway, Bspwm (nota: requer online)"

What do you think?

1 Like

Well, you decide, I donā€™t know Portuguese to make any decisionsā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Configure comes from Latin, thatā€™s why itā€™s almost the same in both languages:

Origin configure (1300-1400) Latin configurare ā€œto form fromā€, from com- ( ā†’ COM-) + figurare ā€œto formā€

(ldoceonline.com)

Let me add another possibility for the translation for @anon49550872 to have even one more option :slight_smile: :

Configurar

2 Likes

So whatā€™s it going to be? :wink:

Sure :slight_smile:

Configurar also fits perfectly.

I donā€™t know hahahah, all options fits perfectly
Maybe we should use Configurar, I think itā€™s better indeed.
Thanks lxn :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OK, Iā€™ll go with Configurar.
Thank you both!

Edit: it is now on the Alpix mirror! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Need any help with Italian?

Thanks! Yes, in fact our current Italian translation is a bit out of date.

Here and in our wiki you should find instructions.
And if you have any questions, please donā€™t hesitate to ask! :smile:

I could translate to German if need be

Ah, Iā€™ll check that out

I would be happy to translate anything in English(US) to English(US). Other then that I would have to learn another language. :man_facepalming: