Systemd Creator Lands At Microsoft

Thought you might want to have a read and perhaps a discussion over your morning :beer:

TL;DR

The prominent open-source developer responsible for several prominent projects joined Microsoft and continuing his focus on systemd development.

Microsoft has over time employed a number of Linux developers and other prominent open-source developers

Microsoft continues attracting more upstream Linux developers including some of the well known faces of the open-source ecosystem

Microsoft Careers currently shows 663 job postings mentioning Linux.

Not surprising at all… The guy was a total piece of :poop: anyway, he is finally home.

3 Likes

55601_2

Unfortunately:

It turns out he had joined Microsoft and continuing his work on systemd.

So it’s most centralized Linux variable controlled by M$ employee…What can possibly go wrong.

5 Likes

Since the name of your profile pic is “you don’t say meme”, I can only assume you agree with me.

We always have Artix… :slight_smile:

From now on, I will no longer refer to it as soystemd, but M$-soystemd.

2 Likes

It turns out he had joined Microsoft and continuing his work on systemd.

So Microsoft is paying him to keep working on systemd? What is the issue there?

The issue is that Microsoft is paying him to keep working on systemd.

4 Likes

artix

:revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

You are free to assume anything.

But if you really want to know, it was to express my surprise at the lucidity and nuance richness of your comment.

You don’t say?

I do!

I always thought sysd had become more than worthy of MS anyway - vastly over coded for what it actually does so slower in real terms compared to the likes of dinit etc. Lennard’s found home at last, bless.

2 Likes

Well, yeah. This meme is used when someone says something completely obvious or self-evident.

Example:

Alright. Might be so that I am using it in an “eccentric” way to:

and not necessarily to agree with you!

Sorry to disappoint you bro!

Then you are not necessarily correct.

:man_shrugging:t3:

I’m not your bro, buddy.

Not necessarily un-correct either.

Alright mate!

Let’s call it a day!

Happy Honking!

I’m not your mate, pal.