Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

It works great and i don’t have any issues. It say’s it supports 4K. I only have 1080P displays. I’m sure it works fine on 4K. This isn’t a KVM switch to begin with. It’s just like switching the cable from one to the other with the push of a single button.

Was just wondering because of all the asian writing on the box.

It’s not pointy. It should be pointy.

Japanese Kanji, Hiragana and Katakana? Probably related to where I live…

1 Like

Ah, ok, didn’t know that you live in Japan.

BTW, can’t believe what happened there yesterday. So sad! RIP, Abe sama!

3 Likes

Who didn’t see this coming?

MOSTLY everything I wanted on it.
Ryzen 7 Pro-6850U
32GB LPDDR5
2TB NVMe
Wifi 6e
Only thing I didn’t get that I wanted was I got the WUXGA (1900x1200) 300-nit, whereas I wanted the WUXGA 400-nit low power LCD.

4 Likes

a gorillawear water jug
gorilla-wear-water-jug-2-2-l-zwart
gorilla-wear-water-jug-2-2-l-zwart1

3 Likes

Nice little device

Odriod-N2+

4 Likes

Your case looks a bit different from mine. Is this N2+

1 Like

yes

System:
  Kernel: 5.18.5-1-ARCH arch: aarch64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 12.1.0
    Console: pty pts/4 Distro: EndeavourOS base: Arch Linux
Machine:
  Type: ARM System: Hardkernel ODROID-N2Plus details: N/A
CPU:
  Info: 2x 2-core model: N/A variant-1: cortex-a53 variant-2: cortex-a73 bits: 64
    type: MCP AMP arch: ARMv8 rev: 4
  Speed (MHz): avg: 2272 high: 2400 min/max: 1000/2016:2400 cores: 1: 2016 2: 2016
    3: 2400 4: 2400 5: 2400 6: 2400 bogomips: N/A
  Features: Use -f option to see features

2 Likes

If you do get a 4K setup, check that things work with 4K @ 60Hz - many of the ‘less expensive’ parts only manage 30Hz…

2 Likes

I’m not getting anything 4k currently so I’m not concerned. I don’t care about 4K or Hidpi displays or gaming. It’s just a cheap switch so i could hook up the pi to the same monitor. Nothing more. It doesn’t say in the specs that it supports any specific Hz so you could be right. I’ve never used anything 4k. Eventually I’ll be forced into getting a 4K tv if i ever bought another one as most new tv’s are 4k.

2 Likes

Way past ‘isn’t it’… sounds a bit ‘chavvy’ to me, but I haven’t been to the UK for 20 years…

Me: Where ARE you?
You: Still at work, innit.

34 boxes of non-slip floor tiles for the patio. The contractor will be installing them hopefully in the next week.

20220712_210544

9 Likes

it’s ARRIVED!!!

Gotta admit, FIRST impressions were “this is a steaming pile of garbage”. First boot simply failed. It posted, showed the Lenovo logo, and then just went to black screen. About a minute, I hard power it off. Start it up again, this time it takes ~45 seconds!!! to POST, but then DOES properly boot into Windows. Verify everything shows good, shutdown, update the BIOS to how I like it (FN keys do FN things, not multimedia things, swap FN & CTL, disable secure boot, etc.). Exit, goes through a BIOS recovery. Go into setup again to make sure it saved all my changes. After that, things went smoothly, but wow was it an AWFUL first impression.

You forgot your PICTURE - remember (With pictures)
tp

Hmmm looks kinda tidy to me :wink:

3 Likes

What i love about those old laptops is that you can also use it as a melee weapon :rofl:

6 Likes

That should be the standard for any piece of consumer electronics: if you can’t use it as a melee weapon, it’s not skookum enough. :frog:

3 Likes

I just bought a new HDD:

…aaaaaaand it’s full. :frowning:

Gotta cut down on memes…

8 Likes

Just bought the wife a new pair of pink bunny slippers. Somebody, who has 4 legs, thought the old ones where really fun to play with. He played with them so hard, that they were trashed.

bud

5 Likes