Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Is this the one with touch screen and privacy filter? Because i also look at them and they say the one without touch screen & privacy filter is out of stock can’t order.

This is not, this is the 400-nit low power non-touchscreen. “Build your own” config. It’s out of stock, but expected to ship in 2 weeks if I purchase.

I just checked now they have the three up again. Build your own and the other tow configurations. So you must be adding the memory and?

Edit: https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/T14-G2-AMD/p/22TPT14T4A1

Upgrade CPU, upgrade LCD, add memory, add fingerprint reader, upgrade warranty, add ADP.

Yes same pricing when converted. I was looking at that one also. Very nice.

And I’m talking about the bike again :blush:
This time the saddle :bike:

IMG_20210824_145905-01

3 Likes

I’d research the cooling capabilities of that machine, especially with that particular CPU. If cooling is not on par with the requirements, the CPU will throttle and behave poorly, in which case you would get the same performance from a lower value CPU which does not heat as much and performs according to specs.

It’s not bad, it’s essentially the same body as the T495 & T14 Gen 1 (both of which I have), and the T14 Gen1 has the 4750U (which is also 8 core/16 thread) and does fine. Doesn’t even get uncomfortably warm to the touch. The killer for me is simply $$$

As i am a foldable nut so…

PXL_20210820_074448948

PXL_20210820_112158572

6 Likes

Thinkpad T430
Upgraded with 2 X 8 Go RAM and 2 SSD’s (First SSD : 128 Go for EOS System, second SSD : 1 TO for /home)
I’m planning to upgrade the screen too…

20210827_150732

10 Likes

Nice! Man I love Thinkpads.

1 Like

As the Cybermen say…UPGRADE!!

IMG_20210827_165144671

5 Likes

Related…

7 Reasons Why I use Lenovo Thinkpad Laptops (for Linux)

:computer:

3 Likes

MOSTLY I’d agree. Although the stunt they pulled with the T14 Gen2 (AMD) is really low. ONLY option for wireless is Realtek 8852AE. Yuck…

1 Like

Yeah i have been really happy with my X1 Carbon 8gen laptop.

Next i might go with a Tuxedo one though as it seems Lenovo is going down the slimmer and slimmer form factor and then removin replacable parts in the process.

Thought I’d invest in my stereo:
https://www.focal.com/en/home-audio/high-fidelity-speakers/chora/chora-826

4 Likes

Focal is some fiiiiiiine acoustics! :+1:

:partying_face: :guitar:

Relatively low end for Focal but they’ll be high end for me.

I am not familiar with them (as yet) but the specs look OK. I like that the ‘centre of excursion’ of each driver is aligned by the back-tilt of the cabinet - that usually help the imaging no end! Hope they meet your needs (wants) well…

Unfortunately in Thailand with our current lockdown trialling them wasn’t possible, but they were highly recommended by a knowledgeable friend.