Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

I would guess your odds are pretty good - that bit about the imaging suggests to me that at least they tried for good accurate response - and they are large enough to succeed too! Let us know how they are… once you’ve had a day or two with them, and tested different music types you like. If they do what they should, they should be good for years! (I still have KEF 105s - although they visually have aged pretty badly! – helped out by ‘cat interaction’ over the years)

Gordian-Quest-announcement-trailer-scaled

1 Like

They sounded nice with spotify, but you can tell the difference with Tidal HiFi.

I’m really blown away but then that’s to be expected as I’ve replaced 30 year old speakers that would have cost a fraction of these.

2021-08-31 12.33.05

9 Likes

I have a 256gb in my t480s for my Windows work partition. I love it.

My new purchase, partly made possible by donations from our Open Collective community.

I did purchase an IdeaPad 3 originally but it made a very annoying high pitched noise and I changed it for this one and the difference was paid by myself.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14-Ryzen 5 4600U
512 GB SSD
16 GB RAM
14" display 1920x1080 WVA 300 nits

I did struggle with Windows 10 at first, originally thought I would keep it as dual boot for the bios updates, but after there were several errors connecting to MS, for some additional info they need (?!?) I cloned the thing, in case I have to put it back for warranty reasons and wiped it to put EOS on it.

Everything worked out of the box, except my keyboard backlight, but that’s not a big deal, since I never had this function on my other machines.

Thank you very much to our Open Collective community, I am sure this machine will serve its purpose very well bringing EndeavourOS to the next level.

IMG_20210902_205543774_HDR

IMG_20210902_205605645_HDR

IMG_20210902_205458883_HDR

Screenshot_20210902_210003

26 Likes

Glad you have some decent kit to work on. IMHO more than deserved for all the efforts helping to shepherd EndeavourOS. Of course, a better laptop should produce better results … so we’ll be expecting even bigger things to come! :wink:

5 Likes

No pressure there… :scream: :grimacing: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Was luckily able to find one of these in like new condition within my tight 200$ budget as my 2i2 Gen1 has developed an occasional habit of disconnecting and won’t reconnect till a full shutdown.

These Motu are as hard to come across as GPUs lately being sold out or scalped for 500$+

5 Likes

I recently bought a box of air. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it though! :rofl:

IMG_20210814_175330

4 Likes

I think theres something else in there, not sure what but id double check :upside_down_face:

1 Like

A box in a box! What a novel idea! :sunglasses:

I still haven’t found a use for the plug though, my original idea didn’t work out. No doubt it will come in useful eventually.

2 Likes

You don’t have a cat, I take it :wink:

3 Likes

Not really sure about this one… Technically not a purchase because it was sent to me for work … But not thrilled that it involves FB …

4 Likes

I’m trying to justify buying a Valve Index (basically only for Assetto Corsa). Haven’t succeeded so far.

3 Likes

It is no longer necessary to read this novel, we are already living in the middle of it.

1 Like

unknown

2 Likes

does openrgb support the leds?

I have a lot of success with it on razer, thermaltake and asus hardware.

The boss doesn’t really need a full-blown desktop OS just for mail and online shopping so I got her this.

IMG_20210908_110656

4 Likes

I’ve gotten a Thinkpad T14 Gen 1, with a Ryzen 5 4somethingorootherU, 16gb of ram, and I’ve swapped the SSD with a Samsung 970 Pro 512gb I had lying around for extra storage. And of course, it’s running EndeavourOS. Cliche, right?

I haven’t had a laptop since 2014. And this one only cost me 5 dollars and three hours repairing my friend’s car.

IMG_9965

I’m amazed at how almost everything works perfectly upon installation without any tweaking whatsoever. The only thing that doesn’t work upon installation is the fingerprint scanner. Now I see why Linux users swear religiously on Thinkpads.

I gotta say though, even though everything else about the laptop is pretty much perfect, the screen is absolutely awful. The 1080p resolution is fine, but it’s too dim at full brightness and the ghosting is atrocious.

8 Likes

Yeah, the base LCD isn’t the greatest. They do have good LCD’s available, but they’re all optonal. But that price is DEFINITELY worth it!!!