Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

I’ve heard of people upgrading screens, but mainly on older versions. I haven’t seen anything about upgrading the T14 screen without some complicated modding that I’m not comfortable with doing.

Zink chassi, right? In that case it’s the same model we just bought 150 of for work.

maybe?? i don’t know, I’m not an expert about them.

Don’t know how are the screen upgrades on newest Thinkpads. I have just bought a new screen to upgrade mine but it’s on a T430. I’m not sure that the new models are so easily upgradables.

I’m not sure either,But I heard that the connectors are different so that might make it more of a hassle.Oh well, I’m sure in time there will be a solution.

You can overclock the screen refresh rate btw
On windows you need Custom Resolution Utility but on linux idk lol

2×CD - very cool music.

IMG_20210915_125203

5 Likes

Cisco 562 Wireless Headset

20210915_195118

4 Likes

Krait_RCA_720x_1

Just ordered these shielded RCA cables because of a new neighbor who is into HAM radio causing problems for my broke mans hand me down/repurposed rca cables pulled from old PlayStation or DVD player (i dont remember) and a thrift store lol

3 Likes

IMG_2241

Clevo NV41MZ
i5-1135G7
16GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD 250GB

Busy installing Endeavour/Cinnamon on it.

12 Likes

So it’s like a laptop, but purple? :wink:

2 Likes

Where the heck do you even buy plain Clevo machines? and do they still make MXM GPU based machines? I havent heard much from Clevo in a while so idk.

1 Like

Didn’t PURCHASE since I won, but won a hat at the Firestone Experience at the Laguna Seca GP.

15 Likes

:nerd_face: Here:

LaptopLinux

Laptop with Linux is a Dutch Clevo assembler, cheaper than all the others and they are open and upfront about using Clevo barebones, don’t even invent fantasy names for them like all the pretentious stores do. Looking at you, System76. :roll_eyes:

We’ve ordered the lappy with Mint but by now we have Endeavour/Cinnamon on it. WTF is a MXM GPU Based machine?

6 Likes

nice

1 Like

whats the specs

1 Like

MXM is a mobile PCIE x16 slot. It allows for upgradeable GPUs or just easier reparability in mobile machines. Dell still uses a proprietary variation in their machines but most manufacturer switched to soldering everything.

Once upon a time we had socketed CPUs, Swappable GPUs, and ram that wasn’t soldered. Think the newest machines I know of with it are Intel Skylake based.

2 Likes

i5-1135G7
16GB DDR4 3200
250GB M.2
14" 1920x1080 non-glare
… and very sexy. =^.^=

1 Like

I guess in Clevo barebones everything is swappable. That’s why every boutique manufacturer uses them. I had the choice of i5 and i7 and I could’ve had a dedicated gpu as well.

ohooo nice
while im chilling inScreenshot_2021-09-19_16-05-07

3 Likes