Share Your Desktop

you can go with a xfce offline install from virtualbox and the simple follow the readme i give step by step.

1 Like

I will give it a go!

Be very careful. You may be creating a new obsession. :persevere:

Pudge

5 Likes

Thatā€™s trueā€¦ But once configured to your liking you will never go back to floating windows

1 Like

i used to tile also but also like floating :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried Bspwm and i3 (I preferred the former) but floating just suits me better.

Okay, so i want to follow your instructions. But i already have questions before i even start. I use the offline install of Xfce and then donā€™t log in and tty and install i3? Which options these? 1 3 4 5 Secondly do you use the login manager on your i3 setup because it has the endeavouros background when you log into i3? Thatā€™s a start? :disappointed:

Gah! I hate my indecisive brain. Xfce or Cinnamon. Grr. Iā€™ll be back with new screenshots sometime this weekend, I just have to spend another 24 hours trying to make my mind upā€¦

@Beardedgeek72

If it helps anything, let me decide for you. Use Xfce. :rofl:

2 Likes

you take all the office environment, however it will row

My hero :smiley:

1 Like

Two choices Cinnamon or Xfce. Maybe dual boot?

I was thinking what would happen if someone checks two desktop boxes with the online installer? It could happen by accident.

Havenā€™t tested it, but I guess it should work OK. Then youā€™ll simply have two desktops available, and can select either of them at each login.
Most if not all apps should work on either desktop.

There of course may be some glitches, as (at least before) there have been some issues between desktops or their apps.

I have on one virtual machine quite many desktops installed, and they all seem to behave well and not cause any issues to each other.

The big problem of course is that you often get duplicate apps.

True, but I donā€™t see that as a real problem. They take space sure, but disks are big too.
Although there are very similar programs (like terminal, file managers, office stuff, etc.) in different DEs, the programs have their pros and consā€¦

But again, it is a matter of taste mostly. :smile:

Cinnamon tastes good! :smile:

1 Like

W.I.P :wink:

Screenshot_2020-01-10_16-47-57

Screenshot_2020-01-10_18-05-51

12 Likes

Wow this is nice. Are you sharing?

1 Like

Ok so not my wallpaper. It is a screenshot from a japanese anime. I found it on the web and then modified it and added the logo from here: Logos for Wallpaper art

Endeavourwp5

7 Likes