Manjaro to EndeavourOS experiences

I’m just glad that i’m at EOS now.
It’s very sad to see what happened, all user content and effort… :skull:

1 Like

Anybody know how to create another account in Manjaro forum , cause I don’t see a signup button :lying_face:

1 Like

Are you sure it is open? The message above indicates it isn’t fully on-line yet but should be later today.

3 Likes

The login option doesn’t work as @bob418 pointed out

So I’ll wait

1 Like

Error: Request could not be executed

The network protocol was violated when loading the page https://forum.manjaro.org/t/welcome-to-the-new-manjaro-forum/151. This error cannot be corrected.

The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because a data transfer error has been detected.

Please contact the site operators to inform them of this problem.

No problem, I’m out of there anyway.

I get certificate warning…and then can’t access. Must be still having issues?

1 Like

Doesn’t mean there has to be an actual issue, it’s the whole internet infrastructure (domain name system, certificate chain, the browser) catching up and getting aligned again. Granted, usually you don’t do that on a live system.

2 Likes

This forum probably isn’t the best place to get support for another forum.

As it is, it looks like they will be bringing it online “later today”:

https://nitter.net/ManjaroLinux/status/1294569951693545477#m

This discussion is also very much off-topic for this thread…

10 Likes

Keep it on track people. This thread is about your New experiences on EndeavourOS.

7 Likes

In that vein: I like it. Manjaro took me by my hands when I started using Linux last year. EndeavourOS has less training wheels, but just the right amount. My main machine stays on Manjaro, because I actually appreciate the somewhat slower and more tested releases, but everything else is probably EndeavorOS from now on. Hardest part so far: spelling “Endeavour” right.

7 Likes

Spelling “EndeavourOS” takes a conscious effort from me every time. That is why I often abbreviate it to EOS. :rofl:

14 Likes

@Schlaefer @dalto
Thx, at least now i know i’m not alone :laughing:

1 Like

No good report card for M*

1 Like

Same. :smiley:

Alas “EOS” doesn’t turn up anything useful when you “google” the thing™, so you have to type out the mouthful. :pensive:

That said, I wasn’t expecting much of documentation with … EOS being a relatively new project. But actually, there were a lot of helpful articles in the EOS wiki/docs. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t forget the Discovery Magazine!

8 Likes

Personal i call it Enos becaus elementary os also exist :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

If you want to see Endeavour OS help results, your best bet is the search feature on this forum itself.

If you want to google, just add “arch linux” to your search terms (and leave EOS or Endeavour os out), as EOS is truly Arch.

3 Likes

Mostly, but maybe not always. EOS noob, first installation, Bluetooth not working. Google “endeavour os bluetooth not working”: boom, first result, right what I need to know. Forum: people having issues with their particular setup.