Kernel update

how to update kernel with GUi ? like manjaro os has this option

Use terminal and just sudo pacman -Syu linux

any gui option?

you can install a gui frontend for pacman. Like pamac but it also might break at some point. Or use Gnome-software (gnome) or Discover (KDE)

Is there a specific need that it needs to be GUI ?

akm is :enos: Kenrel manager

sudo pacman -S akm
2 Likes

i am in kde. gnome software will work?

sudo pacman -S akm                                                                                                              1 ✘  3m 50s  
[sudo] password for hello-nahian: 
error: target not found: akm

Are you sure you’re on EndeavourOS? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

i will sift tomorrow 100% sure , i tried few days ago in virtualbox and i saw there is no gui kernel so i asked .

You should never use either of these to install or update software from the repos on an Arch-based distro.

They are both based on packagekit which supports no manual intervention. You can very easily end up with a broken system.

If you want a graphical package manager, use bauh, octopi or pamac

As above, there is. It is called akm and you can install it.

5 Likes

Can we see the output of inxi -Fxxxz

1 Like

can you tell me how to download EOS? right now

Wait a short while for the website to come back?

ok i will download tomorrow . another question is EOS and manjaro os based on arch , so both are stable but any difference ?

Take a look at this:

2 Likes

Website is down for maintenance for a little while.

Edit: Looks like it’s back online now!

1 Like

its back up now

This is it for anyone looking for a GUI updater.

From the downloads page on the website.

Yes. EOS is up to date. Manjaro is usually 1-4 weeks behind and uses a lot of their own packages. More in depth than that, check the thread Dalto posted.

1 Like

@BlackHole

You can download the latest ISO now. The kernel automatically updates. This is a rolling release distro that is always updating. You can use the terminal to update or the welcome app has an update button on it. There is also a package you can install from welcome called akm to install & manage additional kernels such as lts and zen.

1 Like