It's our Forum! What do you want from it?

The founders of EndeavourOS are doing things very differently and it shows by unofficial surveys like Distrowatch.

I stumbled on this old thread, and revived it, but what about a new thread to find out what we want from our forum.
ideas_forum 2022-04-06 13-28-53
Here is the thread

It is clear in the thread that the mods and the leaders have the patience of the saints, with some of our questions (even the stupid questions), and that’s what makes the EOS culture so different. They don’t belittle new users for not posting their inxi -Fxxxz and expecting users to guess the problem. Mods teach new users how best to be helped, and that is not the case in many other forums (without calling any distro names).

So what about us everyday users (me included). What would we like to see in the future of our forum?

Have your say here…

1 Like

nothing, it’s perfect.

P.S. OK ok…maybe some more HONKS!

honka_animated-128px-41

3 Likes

Maybe the clowns need more purple? One small stripe is not enough…

1 Like

ok, ok, like this…

5 Likes

But she’s not even twerking! :grin:

Surely we can mod her…code is free and open-source

4 Likes

I want to see less clown gifs :rofl: what’s up with these clowns anyways…

5 Likes

I think it’s the closest thing to gladiators that can be found… :probing_cane:

I will prefer purple along with carbon black. It radiates strong purple aura due to its mystical black nature.
:enos:

1 Like

As I clown, I find that offensive. Very coulrophobic.

2 Likes

Indeed!

honka_memes-128px-21

Oh those clownphobes… :roll_eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Turkeys. Lots of turkeys.

3 Likes

Apparently it is common enough that there is an actual name for them, Coulrophobes

2 Likes

honka_memes-128px-40

HONK or your life!!111

@TurkeyJohn

3 Likes

I know very little about this but maybe there is something to do with SEO? It seems that the only way you get to know of the EOS forum is if you know of the distro itself, while the askubuntu, arch and manjaro forums consistently turn up in google searches.

although I realize this might be because those forums cover a broad range of topics and problems.

“EndeavourOS” as a search term does not trend, but I think organic SEO may improve as the topics become more relevant to users’ searches.

I also feel that the level of tolerance on the forum here is much higher than in other communities. This is not only good for new, novice users, but also attracts average and advanced users from other distributions here and then keeps it here as well. The world of Arch is a little different than all the more distributions, it may be simpler, but it may be a little weird at first, but it’s easy to master in interpreting EOS’s philosophy.

2 Likes

So it seems everything is the way everyone wants it, except for more clowns and turkeys.

We’ve reached the end of the internet everyone. There’s no where left to go.

3 Likes

There’s always room for improvement… :thinking:
Someone might want more FROGGES!!!111

Or even robots

3 Likes

At long as there’s no more robots. I like being the only one.

1 Like