Ideas and discussion on the future of the forum

I stumbled on this topic, and the discussion is riveting. Permit me to add my feedback to the mix, as I see by the profiles, most people are discussing novice users, but you don’t have any participating.

Firstly, I am not a first time Linux user. I started out with FreeBSD as an entrepreneur ISP back in the 90s. But now I have all white hair, and the “terminal-centric” slogan captured my attention. So please accept these comments as an experienced user, but as an EOS novice.

It amazes me how you keep your cool when I see this happening time and time again. It even makes me wonder if they are not trolling you occasionally.

Yes, I tend not to suffer fools easily. So would not be suited doing technical support unless I pick the users’ questions. In my life experience, if you see someone is just talking to themselves, let them go. At least they marked it as the solution. Maybe they thought their thinking out loud would benefit someone in the future, or maybe they are impatient fools, who are just thinking about themselves and didn’t get much attention when they were children. Either way, it’s not your problem. Let someone else answer if it makes your blood boil.

Honestly Rick, you are the reason I was drawn to this forum. But you are very systematic and stay humble, but you get the job done. Thank you.

That is why EOS is holding strong at #2 on Distrowatch.

I was not even sure if it is appropriate to open posts that have not been commented on for a while. But then again, opening a new thread about the same subject seems pretty pointless too.

Thank you for an awesome community. I cannot imagine moving from this distro. It’s not just the distro, its the community.

Sorry if the bot to my right says the thread has not been replied to for 4 months. I think it is an important disussion and it is heartening to see so many experienced Linux users have finshed up here.

Michael

2 Likes