Error on installation

Got this error while trying to install LXDE

Command bash /etc/calamares/scripts/create-pacman-keyring finished with exit code 1.

Output:

haveged: command socket is listening at fd 3

==> Appending keys from archlinuxarm.gpg…

==> Appending keys from endeavouros.gpg…

==> Updating trust database…

gpg: next trustdb check due at 2032-05-20

:: Synchronizing package databases…

core downloading…

extra downloading…

community downloading…

alarm downloading…

aur downloading…

endeavouros downloading…

:: Starting full system upgrade…

resolving dependencies…

looking for conflicting packages…

:: wireplumber and pipewire-media-session are in conflict. Remove pipewire-media-session? [y/N] error: unresolvable package conflicts detected

error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)

:: wireplumber and pipewire-media-session are in conflict

Type y and enter to remove the conflicting package.

Edit: is this happening while installing from Calamares at stage 2?

I didn’t remember having an option to enter anything.

Yes, I realized later that this is happening while installing from Calamares at stage 2.
Is that right?

As the quote says, Arch has changed the dependencies and what you see is @sradjoker working on the image to incorporate this.

Once Sravan is finished, some testing on RPi 4 audio would be appreciated.

I will try to tell you when, but I will be in and out today. In the meantime, just say yes to remove pipewire-media-session and see if that works.

Pudge

I’m not given a chance to answer the question. After entering Name, password, hostname, etc. It fails after I confirm the setup.
https://termbin.com/e70b

BTW, I was running the install on a EOS x86_64 PC using the git instructions. referred to here:https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/installation-without-boot-iso/28756

In that case, we will have to wait until @sradjoker changes the package list in netinstall.yaml and reissues the image.

It would be the same if running via the live ISO.

Thanks for reporting this.

Pudge

As a workaround, in the installer session, you could edit the file /etc/calamares/modules/netinstall.yaml scroll down to this section:

description: "Audio handling tools apps and libs"
        selected: false
        packages:
          - alsa-firmware
          - alsa-plugins
          - alsa-utils
          - pavucontrol
          - pipewire-pulse
          - pipewire-media-session
          - pipewire-alsa
          - pipewire-jack
          - rtkit

and replace pipewire-media-session with wireplumber. Save the file and start the installer.

Hopefully this will work.

This issue has been reported in the main x64 edition too.
In our case, there is no choice but to issue a new image. Arch sometimes makes changes that breaks installs. In the meanwhile, you can follow @pebcak’s suggestion.

I will build a new image by tonight. I will update you when that’s done.

3 Likes

Fyi. There must be more changes needed. I made pebcak’s change, still got an error:
https://termbin.com/zpzj

Looks like the same issue:

:: wireplumber and pipewire-media-session are in conflict. Remove pipewire-media-session? [y/N] error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)

:: wireplumber and pipewire-media-session are in conflict
2022-07-01 - 18:58:42 [6]: void Calamares::ViewManager::onInstallationFailed(const QString&, const QString&)
    Calamares will quit when the dialog closes. 
2022-07-01 - 18:58:42 [6]: QML Component (default slideshow) deactivated
2022-07-01 - 18:58:42 [6]: void Config::doNotify(bool, bool)
    Notification not sent; completion: failed 

What if not installing anything pipewire/wireplumber until post-install? Just removing them all from the .yaml file. They are after all not crucial for the installed system to boot up and function.

I’ll wait until the new image is available

I have lots of images sitting around to play with :grinning:

New images released!!

I just did this update on my installed arm desktop.

I just created a new install USB SSD using the install script from github on my EOS PC and the SSD booted and installed on my RPI4 LXDE correctly with the new image.

1 Like

Yes you can use the install script. But you can also use the installer on the latest ISO in Welcome to image the ssd and then hook it up to the Pi and run the install.

1 Like

I know about the bootable ISO, but for me since I have an EOS PC up and running all the time, it just easier to run the github script and plug in the USB SSD.

It would be cool if on the EOS PC Welcome screen there was a tab/button to create the ARM image on a SD/SSD without having to run the commands shown on github, Not just on the bootable ISO but on the installed image.

2 Likes

Yes …maybe that would be something in the future that could be done. For now I’m just happy to get some experience on the Pi with EOS. On mine i just updated it and replaced pipewire-media-session. I did this on the regular install also.

1 Like