Building a new pc but i despair about the choice of the mainboard

That’s very good system for that budget!
honka_animated-128px-41

2 Likes

Gigabyte Aorus Elite V2 was on sale here last weekend for 99€. Maybe i can find it again :wink:

as i mentioned earlier, it’s exciting to see prices change almost daily

Regarding gpu’s- I recently bought 3 titan xp’s on ebay for 550 each. Also there have been many titan x pascals usually running between 350 and 400 on ebay and they are a really strong choice. There are deals to be had, just keep your eyes open.

I would be extremely cautious of buying used GPUs on ebay.

Often they have been used for mining 24/7 and are nearing the end of their life.

3 Likes

That’s like 20 years ago :sweat_smile:

They still sell server boards and nuc.

Maybe so Dalto, but I’ve always bought from reputable resellers. Also with a good cleaning, and reapplication of thermal paste and pads you could breathe a few more years into a card. Also regarding my titans, I am running a custom fan curve so they never get too hot, but I do see your point. You have to be very careful with buying used.

2 Likes

I also buy some things used. but with a GPU I make no exception.

So everything is ordered? Did you end up settling on the Gigabyte board? Or the MSI?

1 Like

I will order everything in the near future. The PSU and the M2 are available only from the middle of next week

This is my setup for my new PC.
As of today I am at 646,56€. this is a very good deal

Case

Case

Mainboard

Gigabyte Elite

APU

Ryzen 7 5700G

Ram

G.Skills Aegis

SSD

Samsung 980 Pro

PSU

Seasonic 550W

Hopefully everything works as planned, it’s my first “self built” one.

A thousand thanks again to all who have joined in this discussion

2 Likes

I will go for the Gigabyte Elite V2

It looks good to me. Should be a nice desktop.

2 Likes

Nvidia GPUs are perfectly fine to buy used even if mined on. Be careful of AMD though due to the potential of BIOS mods. Mining GPUs are no worse than any other used GPU generally as most miners undervolt/clock them to save power/heat.

My old 1080ti was a mining GPU and now its been going strong for years in a friends system too. Got it for 500$ when 1080ti went for well over 1000$

1 Like

The only thing to keep in mine with Samsung SSDs is they don’t accurately report their EOL. The drives will continue to write even after the nand has reached its max TBW. After that point itll start writing garbage data. Know your drives TBW and replace it when needed.

Crucial and Intel will stop the drive from writing and enter read only to prevent data loss.

Also I can tell you from experience Gskill Aegis ram has issues with Ryzen and Stability (I had Aegis before) Crucial Ballistix uses Micron E die which won’t have issues.

2 Likes

Thank you. maybe i should reconsider the ram

completely sufficient for my needs

Probably i will go for the Corsair Vengeance LPX

I haven’t heard much about those, you can check around for reports on it.

i’ve searched for test reports. the ram is everywhere considered very suitable for the ryzen 7 5700G

1 Like

I can tell you I am using the G.Skill Ripjaws 3200 Mhz on my Ryzen 7 3800X. Have two a total of 2x16GB=32GB installed with no issues. They support XMP 2.0 (Extreme Memory Profiles)

3 Likes

@swh

Here is some info on the Samsung drives.

1 Like