Building a new pc but i despair about the choice of the mainboard

Same price as here then. :laughing:

1 Like

i mean 199cdn are 149€ today… :beers:

Yes I was looking at the conversion when i was comparing it. :+1:

Edit: The BeQuiet power supply here is $69.88 Cdn so a bit more and that is on sale price too.

1 Like

i think i will be fine with my budget of 650€ that i have set

@swh
The Ryzen 5700G is on sale here @ $ 307.99 Cdn

Ryzen 7 is here on sale 279€.

exciting to see that the price differences are not really that extreme

1 Like

You could also go with Seasonic Focus Gold/Gold Plus series, its one of the best PSU designs out regardless of price range. They tends to run around 70-130$ USD (looks like atm more like 100-160 :expressionless: ) depending on wattage.

2 Likes

thanks, 550W 65€…that’s more than fine :wink:
since it is my first pc i want to build myself, i am grateful for any tip

i think every chipset of the b550 or x570 series supports nvme gen4.
am i wrong?

I think he is referring to the nvme specs. gen 4 is much faster read and write. Such as Western Digital Black SN850

Max Sequential Read 7000Mb/s
Max Sequential Write 5300MB/s

Or

Samsung 980 Pro

6900 and 5000

Edit: In other words the m.2 drive you select is very important.

1 Like

ah ok, that means he is referring to the hard disk.

I think, however, that 100 Mb/s do not make much difference at this size. I as a user will probably not notice much of it.

remember, i have two Sata’s, each 1TB, with Music and Movies on board and a ssd sata(250gb empty). 250GB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 i will then use for my operating system (eos)

for a working linux 500mb harddisk would also be enough :enos:

Yes the Samsung 980 Pro is fast on Pci-e 4.0. I am currently using Western Digital Black SN750 m.2 drives and they are about half the speed of the Samsung 980 Pro for read and write. Still fast enough but Pci-e 4.0 drives weren’t out then yet or available at the time or they were too expensive so this i what i got at the time. Now Western Digital has some equal to the Samsung Pro.

Samsung on sale here for 68€. just needed one for my operating system

1 Like

Just wondering - are you planning to mount the spinners as data drives, visible as the standard ~/Music and ~/Videos directories (hard or soft link)? That’s essentially what I’ve done (along with all the other standard dirs) and it works wonderfully well.

BTW - I was referring to the gen (=PCIE4), and both the B550 and the X570 support that. It is quite fast enough to be getting on with! I get about a 3 second bootup after it hits the disk to the login…

1 Like

Music and Movies are mounted as nfs drives. So I can access them with my satellite receiver at any time. This is an AX MultiTwin for satellite.
This is my actual setup now and i want to keep it the same
The other ssd sata I will then use for video editing.
this is the plan

Seems like a good buy for that price.

@ricklinux @dalto @freebird54 @Echoa @keybreak @Data @BONK @djwyman @nadb @MrToddarama

thank you very much for the activity in this discussion. i have learned a lot.
there are always pros and cons.
i actually have my system completely together and am at ~650€, just as i set the budget for myself.

8 Likes

@wordler @sothis6881 @nate
sorry, i can only mention 10 users in one post :beers:

5 Likes

Awesome. I hope to do something similar in a few months. Though I am keeping my current case, drives, power supply, and GPU, but I want to move to a 5600, a new MB and ram (ram is kinda a have to since I am running a ddr3 system) so this topic helped me learn about some of the MB options.

2 Likes

i’m glad. that’s the point of a forum, to give knowledge and to learn

1 Like