Books, what are you reading right now?

there is already a thread to music and movies - let’s close the circle - which books are you reading at the moment?

12 Likes

11 Likes

rahman

Interesting but frustrating novel. Less than 100 pgs to go, so I’ll stick it out to the end.

3 Likes

I usually have lot of things on the go at the same time - but this is a re-read…

4 Likes

2 Likes

ofas

9 Likes

Shogun by James Clavell

Shogun

I can’t say I’m reading it right now. Started reading it again, probably for the 5th or 6th time since it came out in 1975. Then part way through I got involved with EndeavourOS Arm and it got set aside. It’s been long enough now that I will probably start over when I get back to it.

Pudge

3 Likes

7 Likes

Been on a LitRPG kick lately… currently reading the latest book in the Ten Realms series

3 Likes

Michio Kaku, one of my favorite authors. In the middle of this now.

8 Likes

With the release of the 15th book in James Rollin’s Sigma Force series, The Last Odyssey, I have been rereading the series from book 1. I am now reading the 6th book, The Devil Colony.

51lFtkWMW5L.AC_SY400

On a side note, anyone know of an open-source eReader? Not software, but hardware like the Kindle.

3 Likes

lacking inner peace these days…

4 Likes

Trying to brush up on my school french, mostly forgotten by now:

220px-Serotonin_(Houellebecq_novel)

2 Likes

Finally thank you for this thread! I’ll certainly be active here. I’m currently studying post-war literature at uni, so we’re currently reading Jessie Pope’s who’s for a game and personally myself I’m reading 1Q84 a novel by Haruki Murakami. It’s certainly a challenging read in both length and content but I find by myself enjoying it!

6 Likes

wawaidspnh

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of Malcolm Mackay. If you think you might have an interest in gritty Glaswegian gangland crime novels, then I’d highly recommend checking him out. (The Glasgow Trilogy especially)

rich men

4 Likes

I do not read much. Do audiobooks count? It will be mostly horror books then. Most things. Have it in the background!

1 Like

@anon59292972 If you like crime fiction, check out Jake Needham’s Inspector Samuel Tay series. It starts with a book titled The Ambassador’s Wife. They all take place in Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, and other places in the Far East.

1 Like

a must read for all community members!

1429 objects of total size 120.7 MiB (126,530,178 bytes)

should I write this book for real ? :thinking:

19 Likes

I just finished:

Cary Grant

And my wife is about half-way through.

It’s a superb book.

Lawrence

1 Like