X.Org is alive!

Its not a real human skeleton that’s for sure lol

Yeah, not the sort of thing I would care to see on a park bench, human or otherwise!

I have a 32" 170Hz variable refresh monitor atm.

I use an RTX3080 with it, and it works really well atm in games in both Linux & Windows. Screen tearing is not something I have to put up with any longer \o/

1 Like

This quote is complete nonsense and most likely a typo. This is really strange because the webpage is already from 2016. And the wrong quote can also be found in a wiki article:

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

You can not split 100 % development time into two pieces with 90 % each. :rofl:

This should read:

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 10 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

And this whole thing is certainly derived from the pareto principle or the 80/20 rule which is widely used in the business:

EDIT:
Now I understand the intention of the 90:90 rule better. It is meant as a is a “humorous aphorism”
With the initial intention in mind I believe the author wanted to say the following:

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 50 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 50 percent of the development time.

But I still feel better by applying the pareto principle to this problem:

The first 80 percent of the code accounts for the first 20 percent of the development time. The remaining 20 percent of the code accounts for the other 80 percent of the development time.

And now this horse is dead. Sorry :rofl:

2 Likes

3 Likes

The first 90 percent of the code accounts for the first 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time.

Frankly, the numbers are realistic. The 90% time refers to project scheduled time. The project will be actually be “shipable” (not done) quite late.