Why is this distro called Endeavour?

And also not distro, but honorable mention of Luke Smith’s LARBS config logo…

I hate him for this! :scream:
Once you see it - you can’t unsee all that bloat in Arch’s logo every time you encounter original logo…

That’s one of the reasons i use EndeavourOS - nice logo totally unrelated to Arch :rofl:

:enos:

6 Likes

This meme needs sound definitely to enhance

:sweat_smile:

adventure-2021-09-16_12.01.05.mkv (528.6 KB)

gif has no sound option i think…

The logo that I was briefly getting confused with is the one from Solus:

2 Likes

Added some text to your video…

EndeavourOS Adventure MKV download

2 Likes

Arch is fine about Logos you just have to Ask that is all, Like the Architect Logo

Antergos is a o.s. i never used… Because i didnt know that it existed… And im from Galicia, so sad heh

I like the word endeavour, the pronunciation above all… Just beautifulness.

5 Likes

Really appreciate your jobs and other teams too… I am new comer here , i always had feels to Arch. I came here from Manjaro. What can i say is that my journey to this distro is great. I happy being hear. I also want to tell thanks to this great community where all helps each other. hear all newbies can learn .

10 Likes

Thanks for this story. The name Endeavour is extremely positive and IMHO is a harbinger of a bright future for this distro. I landed here from elsewhere, and I sense I’m here to stay. Thanks to the devs and to the entire community. :heart:

9 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to :enos: forums.

2 Likes

welcome to Endeavouros forum . :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

Welcome to the purple side of life :enos: :enos_flag:

Ye I love the theme. Devs, please don’t ever change it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@BONK @s4ndm4n @Shjim @antec1 and the rest of the community, thanks for making me feel welcome.

3 Likes

I wondered what space had to do with a Linux distro. Being an Australian ex-pat, we were taught about the famous explorer, Captain James Cook and the HMS Endeavour.
Anyway, nice to read of your beginnings, and I am liking EOS the most after decades of half-hearted distrohopping on spare machines.

So far EOS ticks most of the boxes for me, so thanks to the team for an inspirational distro.

PS: I really like your web design and color schemes. Who is the creative in your team?

@HMS_Endeavour

–Michael

2 Likes