Where do you get your news

I hope folks can keep this non political. We will see I guess :zipper_mouth_face:. For the sake of broadening my own horizons, I want to get an idea where/how folks get their news of the world, or if they even care about people/events on the other side of the world, (respectively.) I am always open to new news sources. One can usually know after one, or two viewings if it s for you or not. For example, you have the local/national television networks, The plethora, and I mean plethora, of internet sources, word of mouth from a best friend, (or best enemy), radio… Some keep their focus narrow to things like tech, or trucks, and all else is un important. Fair enough. I like to listen to talk radio myself. My go to national news is Fox news. I also like to counter Fox news with a little CNN. Gone are the days of Walter Cronkite…

2 Likes

If You Don’t Read the Newspaper You Are Uninformed, If You Do Read the Newspaper You Are Misinformed

6 Likes

I generally stay away from the news these days. It seems to always be the same couple of stories just repeating themselves over and over

2 Likes

I watch the news on YouTube :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Blackrock gives you all the news you need. :smiling_imp:

Usually my first stop:

1 Like

Corporate news doesn’t tell us the full story. I go to Youtube podcasts and am very selective in what I view. I stay away from ‘Entertainment’ news, podcasts espousing hate and fear. Journalism has been dead for many years. People don’t read. Many magazines, periodicals, are now gone. People don’t take the time to research and typically run their mouths off with 30-second sound-bytes which typically are full of mis-information, lies, and conspiracies. I do read. I’m amazed at the total ignorance people exhibit about history and what they haven’t learned or read about.

My two-cents for what it’s worth.

Rich;)

2 Likes

This is so easy, where do you get your news?

My wife, she knows it all. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

If you want to be well-informed then stay the heck away from US cable news in general: Fox, CNN, MSNBC especially. The quality of reporting is all over the place and they’re often more interested in chasing ratings by trying to score points against the other side of the partisan divide than they are with doing actual journalism.

I personally read The Intercept because they often do good investigative pieces. Aside from that, I read Ground.News so I can see what the current big stories are and how different outlets are reporting on them. I also read ArsTechnica for tech news.

3 Likes

I now understand how you have survived as long as you have. You’re a smart man.

4 Likes

:notes: :notes: :musical_note: :notes: :notes: :notes:

:lock: is in the air …

:musical_note: :notes: :notes: :notes:

PS. on a more serious note, from here :wink:

3 Likes

Was seriously confused at first lol

1 Like

I don’t read news. I don’t get them from anywhere. When I’m at my parents’s house (which is every weekend), I passively get news that way, but otherwise, I don’t read news myself about anything. I get recommended news pieces usually for the things I enjoy, but even those aren’t things I watch religiously. I just don’t really care. I know that if I watch news, I will become more bitter and in general just become more and more annoyed with everything and everyone around me for no reason whatsoever.

2 Likes

Pretty much how I get my news, if it seems interesting I may look it up

Part of the reason I stopped watching it, I found myself having full on arguments with the TV :laughing:

4 Likes

I won’t give out my sources, or they’ll end up dead!
honka_memes-128px-40

Very different depending on a region.
Only one common denominator - as far away from legacy mainstream media and corporate cucks as humanly (clownly) possible.

3 Likes

Alex Jones is pretty good.

4 Likes

Man you’re gonna have me playing this over and over again :rofl:

2 Likes

You’re gonna love this, then:

https://www.youtube.com/@infometal/videos

2 Likes

Hey…HEY!!!

IT"S NOT FUNNY!!!

SERIOUS CRAP!!! :rage:

:frog: :rainbow: