What is your home internet and wireless mobile plan?

Hi friends,

With such a diverse mix of locations among us, I’m curious to learn about the home internet and mobile phone plans everyone uses. Internet and mobile services can vary significantly from country to country, adding an intriguing dimension. Please share your plans details and the price you pay. I’ll start by sharing my own.

Home Internet:
Fibre Line
1000mbps: Download
1000mbps: Upload
Bandwidth: Unlimited
Price = $129 monthly

Mobile Plan:
5G Network
Unlimited Voice Calls Countrywide
Unlimited International Text
50GB of “unlimited” data (throttled speed after 50gb)
Price = $38 monthly

1 Like

Do you also need government ID, picture and address? :rofl:

12 Likes

Please sprinkle in your Google maps coordinates :male_detective:t4:

6 Likes

Google maps can’t find me. :rofl:

4 Likes

There’s nothing worse than googling your own first and last name and seeing lots of info pop up :pensive:

2 Likes

When I go to ‘where am I’ , this is what I get.

4 Likes

Mine:

Home Internet:
Fibre Line
1000mbps: Download
1000mbps: Upload
Bandwidth: Unlimited
Price = €45 monthly

Mobile Plan:
5G Network
Unlimited Voice Calls Countrywide
1GB data
Price = €7,50 monthly

3 Likes

May I have the city you were born in and you mother’s maiden name?

6 Likes

Honestly I just use my mobile data I get 20gb for $35 and I can addon $5 to go unlimited for 24 hours which I normally do about once a week and this normally suites me just fine I just have to be wary of how much data I have and be smart when I’m doing downloads and wait to do any large ones, I did go to get the internet on at home but unfortunatly have to pay around $300 to an electrician to do it as my home doesn’t have the connections and is way back from the road. I now have a nice modem I’m paying off instead.
The calls and texts are all unlimited too.
I am however planning on switching networks again soon as I got given a much better phone than the one I have now the only issue is the provider its locked to (which offers pretty much the same sort of deal) requires photo id for me to sign up unless I go into the store which is a pain as its in the actual city and I really hate going in there, too many people all looking at their phones instead of where they are walking.

2 Likes

Wow, those are good prices :ok_hand:t4:

Interesting. Have you considered starlink? Is that a good option for you?

I haven’t even looked it up at all to be honest. I might have a look soon as I have heard of it but I have a feeling probably not.
EDIT just looked it up and its available now to suss out the pricing, I don’t get much being on welfare under medical certificates and having to spend a lot of what I get on medications etc as about half of it isn’t covered by the government, thankfully the main ones for my mental health are though as they cost a heap otherwise.
EDIT - Way too much for me

2 Likes

:round_pushpin: Northern Hemisphere

Home internet:

Low price, low speed
100 mbps Down
10 mbps Up
Unlimited
Equivalent of 15 US money

Mobile:

10 GB 5G network
Unlimited voice calls and text countrywide
Equivalent of 10 US money

3 Likes

Internet $65 a month 25 mbps down and 6 mbps up.
Mobile $65 a month 50 mbps Unlimited voice and text country wide.
Very limited here in Northern Canada from where the tree line stops and polar bears start.
Starlink is not an option here as many people have to bring the dish indoors to thaw out after snow storms and temperatures drop. They can hold a lot of ice.

3 Likes

Home internet:
100mbps up and down
Unlimited
55 euro a month

mobile:
none (i don’t have internet on my smartphone, only home wifi) this is deliberate choice
I do have a mobile telephone abo to be able to call and text, 250 minutes (per month) at 5,50 Euro a month

3 Likes

Internet: 35€ 50MB DSL :expressionless:

Mobile: 7,99 LTS unlimited voice calls and text countrywide 3GB 7,90 :expressionless:

3 Likes

I live in an old neighborhood full of protected structures, so no fiberoptic cables on my street. Max speed with a wire is 100 Mbps, and costs €50 a month.

As soon as 5G arrived, I bought a €100 China Unicom 5G router from AliExpress (declared customs value: €10) and bought a €20/month PAYG sim card. Coverage around the house is spotty, but I now regularly get speeds of 150-200 Mbps. :rofl: Also the router can be moved from room to room - as long as there is a plug socket near a window, it works!

Biggest joke is that the same mobile phone provider regularly sends me offers for “discounted” 5G mobile broadband for €40 a month.

Edit: for anyone interested, here is where I got my inspiration - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/threads/china-unicom-vn007-review.38138/

2 Likes

I’m going to have to look into something like this. I hadn’t even thought of it.

1 Like

If you live in the US, check if your mobile service providers have a fair usage policy. EU consumer protection laws are fairly robust and I’m convinced that without them I would be denied service.

1 Like

I would probably end up purchasing through a store here as if something went wrong with it I would be able to take it back to the store while it was under warranty etc, Plus my address delivery drivers can never seem to find as most GPS and map services (google maps etc) show it in the wrong location as being at the end of the street.

1 Like