What is your go to Torrent Client?

Ktorrent

Never ever used anything other than qBittorrent. It’s tried and trusted and scalable and tweakable. No idea what halfwit came up with the idea to give us Transmission as standard torrent client for so many Linux distros.

And like Balder I always download new ISOs directly, only using torrents for “other stuff”. :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

that’s why I use this docker:
https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn/

4 Likes

That’s cool. Thx for the hint. I mean, we got a VPN, mostly so we can watch German TV (for which we have to pay an annual premium) from our exile in South Africa. Oh, talking about SA, we usually don’t need any VPN since nobody here calls the :policeman: about anything. Our ISPs don’t care the least little bit.

It have cli interface, can’t beat that :upside_down_face:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qbittorrent-cli-bin

It is at least partially because transmission has been around longer. Also, a lot of gtk-based DE distros don’t want qt apps in the default install. Transmission has both a gtk and a qt front-end.

3 Likes

Woah there! easy on the name-calling. This thread alone can tell you there are many happy Transmission users. Can’t label someone for not having the same preferences as you. I would be happy if you edited your post to a less offensive tone.

3 Likes

A bit late now, innit? Has already been quoted by some forumists. And I can’t help being enraged by bad software solutions now, can I?

I actually use Ktorrent, it integrates well with Plasma. If I move off Plasma for anything, qbittorrent.

4 Likes

is it possible for a torrent client to act like a torrent search engine and search for your favorite movie or music and preview it before downloading.
it still needs to be open source and if possible run without java.

edit: i am checking out webtorrent-desktop, let us see.

QBittorrent the undisputed torrent client champion of the world!

1 Like

I don’t use torrents to download much but i have used it to seed the ISO. I typically use qbittorrent also.

1 Like

Deluge…

As Louis XV said: Après moi, le dÊluge

1 Like

another vote for Transmission, super simple does what it needs to do & integrates with sonarr, radarr and Jackett

Transmission (GTK version). I’ve used it for over 10 years without any issues. I tried the Qt version but it wasn’t so good. I don’t have a problem with mixing GTK and Qt applications. It’s just an app, it doesn’t affect the system. If it’s not broken then there is no problem AFAIK.

1 Like

Apres le deluge, qBittorrent?

1 Like

I used qBittorrent pretty exclusively until very recently when its idle memory usage started creeping up a lot. I poked around for different solutions and when none of them worked I switched to Transmission, which has been pretty nice.

Next qBittorrent release, 4.4, will be a big one.

Years of work, hundreds of changes, chunks of it rewritten … hope it remains as stable and usable as it is now.

2 Likes

qbittorrent for me. transmission is alright, too