What is your go to Torrent Client?

Transmission

qbittorrent is all Iā€™ve ever used on all DEā€™s and distros. Canā€™t argue with what just seems to work.

It is here ā€¦ this version is built against Qt 6.

qbittorrent 4.3.9-2 -> 4.4.0-1

https://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php

There is now an appimage offered, if there is a particular version you wish to remain on.

Transmission. Qbittorrent is nice but qt-based and I often donā€™t take the time to set up qt themes. Transmission is simple, integrates well, and gets the job done, always. On the other hand it doesnā€™t have a huge amount of features like qbittorrent, but I donā€™t need most of them.

Transmission has been my go to since early 2000 something.

My favorite is qBittorrent, however, I use Transmission, as there is a wonderful docker container with support for Mullvad (and other vpn providers) out of the box (i.e. it tunnels Transmission, but nothing else). Minimal effort installing it on my server. If there was an equivalent container for qBittorrent Iā€™d swap - prefer its webinterface and plethora of options.

qbittorrent or transmission depending on the desktop environment Iā€™m using

I use the binhex-qbittorrentvpn container as it supports AirVPN.

Currently seeding 3500+ torrents using 1.8Gb of RAM.

I have got it to work with Mullvad in the past though:

If you wanted to get it to work these instructions for the binhex-rtorrent should also work with binhex-qbittorrent container.

Be aware that qbittorrent has just gone to 4.40 which isnā€™t whitelisted by certain types of sites so if you wantged you give it a go you would want to use:

binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn:4.3.9-2-01
1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll look into this!

Qbittorrent. When i see people using others i always push them to Qbit XD

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using Transmission for a long time, since back when I was a macOS user; Iā€™ve also tried qBittorrent out of curiosity but in the end I still got back to Transmission.

qBitTorrent for the search function and because it supports Nordlynx (wireguard).

Iā€™ve used both, and never had problem with either. I DO have a question - what is this ā€˜supportā€™ for VPNs? I use a VPN (not mentioned above) and they both work fine, so Iā€™m a bit confusedā€¦

of course, this may be a normal condition...

Same here :point_up:

I use QBittorent, though more accurately QBittorent-Nox as it sits on my server at an office, so I connect via VPN and web browse QBittorent. Have a VPN from my server box out to the Internet as well.

Some people like to use a VPN for only their torrent traffic or use one VPN for their regular traffic and a second VPN for their torrent traffic. That is what at least one of the posters above was referring to.

2 Likes