What do former Manjaro users like about EOS?

Got it. Stick to the script. Maybe I’ll post up in the other thread instead.

1 Like

I think I’ve seen everything now… @tbg urging restraint, and @anon379864 asking people to stick to the topic… it surely is the dawn of a new age! :rofl:

But more seriously - I like the forum (and seeing the previously-departed people again) and the fact there’s a ringo-run chatroom. I have missed ringlish.

But actually seriously, I like that this is Arch-based and Arch-focussed, and it means I might actually be able to contribute something to the Arch ecosystem.

20 Likes

The End Days have begun…

10 Likes

So you accumulate pleasures. :slight_smile:

Everyone will be a veteran one day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is holding you back from this? :slight_smile:

Okay, I hid it a little.:wink:

3 Likes

At least I learned that the EOS is not only a Linux distro, but also a good car. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the-end-is-nearish

:ghost:

7 Likes

I also had a camera with the name but I almost always abbreviate Linux EOS to

EnOS.

8 Likes

I’ve heard of Canon EOS. For my part, however, I prefer Nikon.

3 Likes

I went to an EOS as a kid (Erweiterte Oberschule: the term “Gymnasium” did not exist in the GDR.)
… but I’ve learned a lot here too …

2 Likes

In Ungarn würde ein 12-Klassen-Gymnasium dem entsprechen. Stattdessen sind die Grundschule mit acht Klassen und das Gymnasium mit vier Klassen oder die Berufsschule am häufigsten. Es gibt auch Gymnasien mit sechs und acht Klassen.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t know yet. I’m still new here.
But it is much closer to Arch, which makes many things easier.
I haven’t done a fresh install yet, only converted three Manjaro installations…

Remains to be seen how it evolves over time. But as far as I can tell now, it seems to be just the thing I was looking for :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s like using Arch minus the drama of the other 2 forums.

12 Likes

i do right now thinking on closing this thread, toooooooooooooooooo much :love_letter: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart: :revolving_hearts: :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Mach zu die Kacke hier, viel zu fülle Manjaro jedöns.
:wink:

3 Likes

you kinda created a FrankManjEOSteine system OS. That sounds a new model automobile. The doctor went on creating a Frank’s bride system, as you know… :shushing_face:
imagen|376x258

1 Like

Some of us were already “here” long before though, as I’ve been a user/lurker on the forums for about a year-ish? Dunno how many more that will apply to, but yeah, in the grand scheme of things it’ll be small but vocal potatoes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also noticed that there is some overlap between the two forum communities.