What do former Manjaro users like about EOS?

I am still a Manjaros user (among others).:slight_smile:

2 Likes

One girlfriend is enough, but you need more OS? :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s the point. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I want zero girlfriends and a dozen OS :blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

I was on the fence about what was going on in the other forum. I came here to snoop around see what was up, and noticed many of the Veteran users migrating. That was it, it was all I needed to make up my mind. I had to follow the great minds.

11 Likes

I use EOS basically because it isā€¦ what Manjaro was when I joined. With a little less handholding.
Used to run Antergos and then pure Arch. Then decided that an Arch install with built in Nvidia and wifi drivers was a good ideaā€¦ and I stayed more or less with it up until December 2019.

Then ā€œSnapgateā€ happened and I jumped ship because of two reasons:

1. I didnā€™t like Manjaroā€™s roadmap forward
  2. EOS appeared on the scene.
10 Likes

I feel like you and I have very little in common.

5 Likes

There are two things you never can have enough of:

• engine displacement
  • girlfriends

:grin:

5 Likes

Eh. I am more impressed by people who can squeeze out more out of smaller engines, myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Completely agreed. In my view EOS as a ā€œpurerā€ Vanilla Arch distro, provides a KDE lighter fast Plasma experience and it also allows to install some apps combinations youā€™ve always wanted to run, and had tried and always failed to run them out of the box in Manjaro since 2015ā€¦ xt7-player-mpv for instance, or Tordiniā€™s Minitube, Da Vinci Resolve. Though I still keep running both EOS and Manjaro as my everyday-official laptop distros.

3 Likes

Compared to Manjaro, my system starts noticeably faster, and Plasma Desktop starts faster upon login.

5 Likes

Not all of us are ancient, creaky & dodderingā€¦ only some.
:crazy_face:

7 Likes

Yes, Madame, yes :smiley:
:wink:

4 Likes

Yes, Miss Sophie, yes ā€¦

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

5 Likes

Please, cars & stuff just donā€™t belong in this thread. Would be better in the What I Do When Not Linux thread, or otherwise a dedicated brrrrrrrrrroooooom brrrrrrrrrroooooom thread.

6 Likes

I think Iā€™m the only one who drives an Eos here but I would never post that here :wink:

1 Like

Eh. Sometimes the occasion calls for a minor deviation. I could probably put together a car faster than a computer.

Still not the point.

1 Like

yea offtopic, but not that badā€¦ i will not splitt this away , it would not fit on both sides any betterā€¦ i recommend not to go on with it please.

3 Likes