Weather App?

Curious what weather app people are using?

I live dangerously and use russian roulette approach for weather by going out randomly without consulting oracles, if i go out at all :rofl:

P.S. Usually that ends something like that

6 Likes

I’m not on plasma - but what I use would work…
I set up with conky, and usually conkywx - for a REALLY flexible display for anywhere in the world (at same time if desired). Not for everyone, though - could take some configuring if not to your liking ‘out of the box’.

2 Likes

Thanks

Screen Capture_select-area_20201104003827

Just “weather”, simple enough and does it’s job.

2 Likes

Plasmoids → Weather Widgets & you are done. You can drag it either inside your panel or your workspaces.
Here is some more info on plasma5 weather widget choices.

3 Likes

Condensed Weather

1 Like

I like a clean desktop, are all of these able to be added to my panel next to my clock?

I usually use the xfce4-weather plugin that comes with EndeavourOS. Always run it in Xfce. Works well!

You can use it in Plasma?

I do not know unfortunately. Think it’s for Xfce only.

Edit:

Now I saw that the thread was on Plasma :smiley:

Sorry!

@Christopher67, this is the “weather widget” plasmoid I told you about & here s how it looks inside my plasma panel (yes, that`s a heavily customized plasma desktop :innocent:).
Screenshot_20200417_164220

2 Likes

I use curl, btw :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks! :+1:t3:

1 Like

inxi -w :slight_smile:

In the terminal, type…

curl wttr.in

and watch the magic happen. It’s slightly more complicated if you’re using a vpn or want a forecast for somewhere other than where your computer thinks you’re located. Some details here.

4 Likes

curl wttr.in can also easily used in i3blocks in i3 , mayby with xfce4-genmon plugin also? but there is in xfce already a weather app :slight_smile:

1 Like

gis-weather

Plasma uses plasmoids, so I use https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plasma5-applets-eventcalendar/ .

As well as current & projected weather, it syncs with Google Calendar, which gives me the ability to plan appointments against the projected weather. But, the weather portion is somewhat abbreviated so I also use the more detailed https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/plasma5-applets-weather-widget-git/ in conjunction, in the task bar.

Both can be synced to the same weather server, or independent servers.

2 Likes