Upgrade an Older Install

clowns always made me feel nervous as a kid, they’re just not right, cave trolls in makeup - you can tell by the size of the feet…

wgn-tv chicago GIF by WGN Morning News

2 Likes

honka_animated-128px-35

Summary

honka_animated-128px-17

2 Likes

OMG!
You just gave me a lot to study!

Thank you for the welcome! Naturally learning never stops as the senses are working. To me, learning will stop when I die!

Then, I have been with NSA ever since I started talking and I will remain till I die! How would someone learn without asking questions? Even on my own and alone I keep asking questions and I keep trying to find answers!

1 Like

This is a very interesting post.
A Complete Idiot's Guide To Endeavour OS Maintenance / Update / Upgrade

I made 64 ïn February, and started using :enos: the same month. In between that, 2 surgeries.

It’s been roller coaster, but great intellectual stimulation. When something doesn’t work like you expect, do some research, just as @sradjoker @keybreak and others suggested.

Have fun, and don’t let it stress you out. There is bound to be a solution. I peppered @dalto with so many questions before deciding on a new install with Btrfs file system using his brilliant Btrfs Assistant. Now if I mess up, it’s just restore from the grub menu. If you have ext4, and prefer stay with it, ask about Timeshîft.

From one oldie to another

1 Like

Thank you for making me feel +60 years “young”. Sorry for hearing your surgeries.

I am having fun already, ever since I started with Linux in 2000! But I am just a user, not that techie unfortunately. And my “serious” experience and knowledge goes back to the good old days of DOS, dBase III+, whatever comes after that … I am a noob.

I did the same to @dalto and mostly for BTRFS! He has been so kind and patient with me. He is one of the people adding value to EOS by adding value to the forum. I feel at home here.
Maybe we need another thread to discus your experience with BTRFS. I had hard time with it as Baloo keeps indexing all the time the same files as if they were new copies. How is it going with you?

I am on EXT4 and already have TimeShift, everything is working smoothly. Though I would love to have BTRFS (without the Baloo problem), and BTRFS I see is the future of the Linux file system.

Thanks for your post

1 Like

Good idea. Here is poll I ran. You could focus file systems. POLL: Which file system in 2022. ext4, btrfs, xfs, zfs, f2fs (choose 1)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.