Updated system, rebooted now broken?

I updated my Deepin 20 today with the latest kernel and nvidia software. Installed it all from terminal. After the installation I was given the notice to reboot my system because of the new kernel software installed. Upon rebooting I get the message : Failed to boot/vmlinuz-linux not found. error. . .need to load kernel first. What is going on? The software I downloaded all installed and upon my re-boot the kernel can’t be found to boot the system up?

Help please this is frustrating.

Rich :wink:

Hey :slight_smile:

1. Use search before posting :wink:
  2. There were 2 issues about it lately, here’s latest one Deepin desktop broken

Theme is always the same, hope it helps :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Well actually…It might not be Deepin this time, i don’t know :thinking:

P.S. Sorry, when i see Deepin i’m quickly hip to the gun :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. . . .guess I’ll stop using Deepin for a few months until they or someone gets all the bugs out. . .this is frustrating. . . . I kinda liked it because of the simplicity. . but now I’m having doubts until it all gets fixed and worked out. Thanks once again for the response.

Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, although all those things definitely holds - i’m not sure that this particular issue you have is Deepin related…

Just had no experience with boot/vmlinuz-linux not found before, maybe somebody more experienced will come here :upside_down_face:

Not more experienced but I think I have come across similar issue somewhere.

You could try to chroot into your system from your live usb and rebuild the initramfs. Use this wiki to chroot: https://endeavouros.com/docs/system-rescue/rescue-non-booting-system-with-arch-chroot/. When you are in chroot, run this command: mkinitcpio -P after it finishes type exit to exit from chroot. Now reboot your system.

Hope this will take care of this issue.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You of all people should know by now, its deepin :rofl:

2 Likes

Unless your willing to waste your time and report bugs, I’d leave deepin well alone, its Beta Software and has been for quite a while.

I know its hard to let go, it was for me, no point fighting with it :sob:

I moved to KDE I was not keen at first but at least its reliable.

Good Luck Rich :wink:

2 Likes

Try Cinnamon! I absolutely love cinnamon and it works/looks beautiful with the endeavour wallpaper.

1 Like

Not really. Beta software is when something is feature complete, tested and ready for broader testing.

I don’t think deepin really meets that criteria at the moment. :innocent:

3 Likes

So it’s alpha :thinking:

2 Likes

I was trying to be polite :rofl:

It shouldn’t even be in the arch repos, maybe under testing at least.

You are right!!

2 Likes