The big release is coming

The exact time I start work tonight. Bad, bad planning! :persevere:

On all other behalves… Woho! :dizzy: :boom: :clinking_glasses: :rainbow: :fireworks: :tada:

I got my PBP ready …

1 Like

Nope, definitely not what i mean if you read it carefully (what i mean is that Nvidia could easily destroy ARM or make it worse :expressionless:) + a lot of wishful thinking :laughing:

1 Like

My Pi awaits… :smiley:

I asked for the post to be edited. I did not get a reply. I was going to edit out the offending bit since the rest of the post was sound. It was flagged before I could get to it. :upside_down_face:

I would also like to ask that people take it easy with the poop emoji please :+1:

4 Likes

According to the first post this is for both ARM and the desktop OS.

“we are going to release a big ISO release and of course EndeavourOS ARM.”

Second if there are new features added Manjaro should of been pushing those via updates for it, as should any rolling release. That said I am looking forward to the release.

COOL thanks, good to know.

1 Like

That’s simply not how Arch Linux package management works. Repo maintainers cannot decide for the user which packages to install, this is 100% user’s choice. An update cannot install new packages for you, if these packages are not dependencies of already installed packages (thankfully, as that would be really annoying).

The most they can do is say in an announcement somewhere: “here is a list of new packages added to the default installation on our latest ISO, if you want them, install them.”

2 Likes

Let me rephrase. When we go to do updates after a major release we should see any additions to the new ISO along with any other updates to the system, and be able to chose if we want any of them, or do as you suggested.

The most they can do is say in an announcement somewhere: “here is a list of new packages added to the default installation on our latest ISO, if you want them, install them.

There is no major release on a rolling release distro. It’s something Manjaro devs came up with artificially, but such a thing does not exist. There are only ISO releases.

But the OS itself does not have a version number.

BTW, you can easily look up what packages a new ISO contains for any distro.

1 Like

Friends this is an announcement thread. Let’s keep it in topic. :hugs:

5 Likes

Sooooo. . . arm.endeavour.com is still black. . . How much longer? I’m not like sitting here hitting F5 every few minutes or anything. . . .

4 Likes

:point_up: About 2 and a half hours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You must be excited about this fbody … I think you mean arm.endeavouros.com

2 Likes

guess i stay up late :rofl: PBP Full charge ,ready with new 128G emmc just for EOS

5 Likes

:mechanical_arm: Arm is coming! :hourglass_flowing_sand: :point_left:

1 Like

Great news. I might try a clean install just to see how everything goes

I noticed Deepin stable was released a while ago. Is the DE ready for Endeavour yet?

It hasn’t made its way over to arch stable yet. Deepin stable is debian.

1 Like

15 minutes to 19:00 CET.

I’m working on doing the firmware updates so I can do the USB booting. I haven’t used this rpi in forever. I only bought it so I could hook it to my TV and watch football on it. My TV is the only monitor I have, so, it’s a little strange using it for anything else.

:scream: :scream_cat: