TechHut seems to be on eos

No you aren’t alone. This is exactly how I feel.

1 Like

That’s right … i watched a video last year that showed how to make scrambled eggs. i found that useful.

1 Like

That is the same as I said, only in other words.
And the last remark is a personal observation, not everybody feels uncomfortable whilst learning. :wink:

2 Likes

I have to disagree with that – all learning happens outside the comfort zone, so in that sense, it is uncomfortable. Sometimes this is more than compensated by the joy that the new knowledge gives, but the process it self must be uncomfortable. This is not to say that this discomfort must necessarily perceived as a major pain, and that there is never any fun in it. Learning can be very enjoyable and fun (while still being uncomfortable).

It is just that learning requires one to do things one is not accustomed to doing and everything else being equal, one would prefer not to do them.

2 Likes

As we all know, our entire life until our last breath is a learning process. According to your logic and definition, life is then also to be valued as an unpleasant process outside the comfort zone? hm …

This does not follow. While one can easily think of dozens, if not hundreds of discomforts that come as a price of being alive (having to leave the comfort zone from time to time being a rather minor one), it is the sum total that counts – and this varies from person to person.

1 Like

TBH this statement alone is a sign of Confirmation Bias.

It’s like how people swear photographic memory exists when its not even possible to have.

If we can provide a compelling argument with solid evidence that eliminates personal bias and perception THEN and only then can we state proof.

In the face of things contrary to held belief don’t just dismiss it, and for lack of a better way to say it “check your bias”. Its difficult and you’ll slip up, but you gotta constantly reevaluate your world perception

1 Like

Well yeah, we’ll talk in 300 years when humanity will start to know at least something about:

• how human brain works
  • what is thought and where exactly it comes from

Then we can talk science, not that human RAM studies. :laughing:

P.S. Although i think we won’t live till then, coz :clown_face: :earth_africa:

Even if we don’t completely understand something in depth its still testable.

The VARK model has shown no credible evidence that its in fact true. It wasn’t even developed from an objective perspective but was in fact bias from its inception. Its concept hits a cord with people and it gets perpetuated through society.

We can’t just dismiss that due to personal belief, what is needed is a proper counter study which shows the contrary. Just calling it baloney because you think you fall into some VARK tier is just reaffirming biases in the face of evidence vs reevaluation of prior knowledge.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is a likely reality x3

1 Like

People have different learning abilities. Some people grasp concepts quicker and easier than others. Doesn’t mean they can’t learn it. It’s just harder and takes longer and it may need to be broken down or explained in other ways in order for them to get it. Some people may take visual ques and pick up on things quicker but i think that speaks to ability over learning types or styles. Some people lack confidence in their own abilities when compared to others. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Great to see more exposure to EOS. Just uploaded.

1 Like

I switch around to various distros here and there for long term reviews or testing. Endeavour and Fedora is for sure my go-to distros.

4 Likes