Sway Edition - General Conversation!

Oh yeh! Very weird? You are right it floats

1 Like

yes… it strange as no do that on old sway setup i use for custom

Same! Works on my custom setup. I will try to mend see different app_id or class’s. Not massive problem. Thank you very much for testing!

1 Like

very strange! work 100% of time on this setup 2021-02-22_float_htop_nmtui

1 Like

Same! 2021-02-22T16:57:32,624317503+00:00

1 Like

@joekamprad Is the community page meant to be updated alongside my github page? I see the setup.sh still uses my git…

good point… i need to change this, currently building ISO with all this changes is a job on its own…
The idea is to make the setups secured from changes so I fork it to EndeavourOS so that if we need to change something we have access and if you change something you can pull request and we can check the changes to see if they need something else to setup e.t.c.

https://github.com/EndeavourOS-Community-Editions/sway/compare/main...killajoe:patch-1

1 Like

Makes sense! Now I have to learn to do pull requests! You created your’s just as the final big change on waybar. So everything’s good for now!

Update Readme too btw :slight_smile:

oui chef :fist:

1 Like

Can I create pull requests from forks? Is that the easiest way? Nothing now needed! I’m just wondering.

{edit} Yep that’s what you did! I get it now. Thank you!

Because i want the single Community Editions as standalone repositories, i needed to create a new organisation at GitHub, and it is not possible to fork directly so i needed to create a repo and import your repo, so it is not connected directly with yours sadly… You will need to fork back afaik…
I will start uploading testing ISO now.

2 Likes

That’s completely fine! It’s a nice idea too! All you guys have been so helpful! What else can I and we as a community ask for!

I may not be able to any metal tests. School’s starting again. :cry: I can sneak some GNOME Boxes in Chemistry or English :shushing_face:

Really with face-to-face lessons with real teachers and classmates? My children would be happy about it :wink:

I will announce the ISO to our mods too and here at this thread so hopefully we will get some testers in.

B.T.W ISO install will start sway with the right keyboard settings automatic, i do not needed to change this in the config files.

3 Likes

Online for a week then we’re back fully. I can’t wait to be honest! Didn’t realise how much I missed until now.

Online is a bit boring. I finish the work in like half an hour and spend the rest of my time ricing :face_with_hand_over_mouth:.

2 Likes

It will anyway. I did something so It’ll pick it up.

2 Likes

smart that!

2 Likes

Soon as it’s up I’ll do a metal install :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

photo_2021-02-22_19-47-40
You can also play a Game while installing to make it more funny…

6 Likes

First Development version for the Community Edition option.
This is not for real installs of the OS, only for testing, it may do not work properly!

https://github.com/endeavouros-team/ISO/releases/download/0-EndeavourOS-development-ISO-releases/endeavouros-devel-CE-2021.02.22-x86_64.iso

https://github.com/endeavouros-team/ISO/releases/download/0-EndeavourOS-development-ISO-releases/endeavouros-devel-CE-2021.02.22-x86_64.iso.sha512sum

to check the file:
sha512sum -c endeavouros-devel-CE-2021.02.22-x86_64.iso.sha512sum

So feel free to test it on real hardware or inside a VM best will be to use qemu based one as Virtualbox have some issues with sway and wayland in general. (virtmanager or Gnome-Boxes)

To start installing Sway Community Edition you have to choose the new Button on Welcome App, it will only work if you are connected to internet and if you do NOT choose Nvidia Driver boot option from booting the ISO:

You can choose a Browser you want to install, if not you will not have one…

And if it gets boring… play a Game:

To give us the logs we need:
cat ~/endeavour-install.log | eos-sendlog from Live Environment or:
cat /var/log/Calamares.log | eos-sendlog from installed system.

both will pastebin the install log and give out a short URL you can post here:

5 Likes

Oh, is it offline package chooser Calamares module you’ve made??

1 Like