Spelling: "Endeavour OS" vs. "Endeavor OS"

Hello! I’m new here.

I’ve been running this distro on KDE for a day and it’s amazing so far, but I was wondering something: what are your thoughts on how “Endeavour OS” is spelled or written?

Personally I would like to be able to write it as “Endeavor OS” since I live in the US, but now it’s got me curious what everyone else in the community thinks. Should it be written with the “u” no matter what, or is it okay for people to spell it without?

1 Like

It should always be written as EndeavourOS since I suppose it is a proper noun.

7 Likes

Welcome!

EndeavourOS :enos:

6 Likes

This seems to settle it. I didn’t know it was named after Inspector Morse, let alone the fact there was a NASA space shuttle of the same name!

Thanks for the fast replies! I’m probably going to be sticking with this distro :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum and welcome to EndeavourOS!

1 Like

Welcome to your endeavor :rocket:

1 Like

EndeavourOS is my favourite distro, except for the colour purple, I prefer green. My neighbour disagrees, but I’m not surprised by his behaviour, since he has no honour nor any sense of humour.

8 Likes

EndeavourOS is my favourite distro, except for the colour purple, I prefer green.

I agree. I hate purple and EOS is my favourite distro. I also prefer green. :slight_smile:

Neighbour sounds like a douchebag - I mean no sense of humour and likes purple :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.