Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Got these on Black Friday for 50% off. Finally got delivered yesterday.

4 Likes

wanting to take care of my AGM batteries, I stocked up on such Chinese wonders

and the power source is a 19V 4A laptop power supply

2 Likes

New UPS for the router and Unraid server.

3 Likes

I’m somewhat of a craigslist/ebay thrift shopper and cannot resist a good deal. Yesterday this came up for a great price and I had to have it. Guess what’s I’m going to do next with it?

6 Likes

New Router/Firewall Appliance

8 Likes

Replaced the Cherry Brown switches in my keyboard with some Gazzew U4’s. They are also quiet switches like the brown, but have a little bit more actuation force. I really like the feel of my keyboard now.

The white topped switches in the below picture are the new ones.

5 Likes

Nice. I haven’t gone down the mechanical keyboard rabbit hole yet, but I’m very tempted. Where would you recommend I start (assuming I want to explore)?

1 Like

Depends on your budget. Most important thing imo is that the switches are hot-swappable. I myself got a mechanical keyboard about a year ago. I wanted a 60% board but with arrow keys and ended up with the SK64, a pretty cheap board that came with gateron switches that I lubed and I did some work on the stabilizers. Got some cheap keycaps and added some foam to the board for better sound.
Total investment still exceeds 150 euros but I’m happy with the result.

2 Likes

Haven’t arrived yet, in fact I just ordered it 10 minutes ago, but a new Birthday/Christmas present for myself:

3 Likes

You get a lot of presents that way when you buy them yourself. :wink:

Yes. And they’re always EXACTLY what I wanted. I’m so kind to myself.

Here is my Christmas present to myself:

Ryzen 7 5700G APU

Pudge

8 Likes

Nice. I tried to buy one of those when on sale but i missed out. So i ended up getting the 5800X which i have here waiting for additional parts. I did get a good deal on it though @ $285 Cdn. Right now the 5700G is $257.99 Cdn currently.

I also want to switch to Ryzen 7 next year. I’m just wondering whether it should be the Ryzen 7 5700G or the Ryzen 7 5800X. Since I always have a graphics card in the computer, the 5800X is probably the better choice. I don’t really need the graphics in the 5700G.

I finally found it for under $200 USD shipped to my door.
It replaced a Ryzen 7 2700 (65 Watts TPD) and a AMD Radeon RX 560 (65 Watts TPD)
while the Ryzen 7 5700G is only 65 Watts TPD. SO I ended up with the same computing power for half the electrical power.

Pudge

3 Likes

Yes that’s the only disadvantage to the 3800X and the 5800X i have is they are both 100 watt.

Long live the environment.

Here is a great place to compare Discrete Graphics Cards

Go to the search input and type in your graphics card.

I was wrong. According to PassMark, the Radeon RX 560 is 80 Watts TDP

Radeon RX 560
Bus Interface: PCIe 3.0 x8
Max Memory Size: 4096 MB
Core Clock(s): 1175 MHz
Memory Clock(s): 1750 MHz
DirectX: 12.0
OpenGL: 4.5
Max TDP: 80 W
Videocard Category: Desktop 

Nice. I have the RX 590.

For my other Christmas present to myself.

Radxa Rock 5 model B
Since there are components on the bottom of the board, including the NVME connector, I made a base so the components are protected.

Next I added the heat sink and fan. On the right, the red and black wires are for the RTC battery.

Pudge

11 Likes