Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

I have a Thinkbook for a work computer and it doesn’t feel anything like that to me. This thing is HEAVY. My Thinkpad weighs less than the charger I think.

I agree it’s probably a lot different but similar as it is a Lenovo. I see it has the backlit keyboard also.

Edit: I guess this one doesn’t have soldered ram?

No soldered ram. 2 slots. 2 m.2 pcie gen3 slots

AMD 5800H CPU
AMD Radeon 6600M GPU

The keyboard feels more like the Thinkbook than the Thinkpad. It’s still very good though.

Oh nice … I like the specs.

Me too. I couldn’t pass this up once I saw it.

What ram speed did you get as this processor will do 3200 Mhz DDR4 up to 4266 Mhz LPDDR4.

Edit: I’m not that familiar with LPDDR but i guess it’s lower power vs performance.

Edit2: I thought LPDDR was used mainly in mobile devices like cell phones?

1. I have no idea what the other stuff is.

I was just looking at the specs for the processor and that’s what it say’s it supports and i was surprised at that. LPDDR is low power Double Data Rate memory but i only thought it was mainly used in cell phones. I don’t know that much about it either.

Edit: I even looked on my Computer parts supplier and they don’t even list it. :man_shrugging:

The RAM upgrade for my laptop showed up. Thanks to @fbodymechanic for providing me the impetus to finally upgrade my laptop RAM. Technically my laptop doesn’t support RAM upgrade but the CPU does. I found others having the same model upgrade RAM successfully online so I went ahead.
Now I can give VMs 8 GB RAM without worry :rofl:

12 Likes

Glad I could help. I love pressuring people into spending money. I worked sales for years abs it was awesome.

I had to do this, I was getting frustrated and angry at my laptop more frequently than I wanted to. You just gave the right impetus

I agree, when working with VMs 32GB is very helpful to have. I’ve upgraded my machine to 32GB shortly after I bought it for the same reason.

1 Like

Little late on the reply but that laptop is very prone to SSD failure and has serious cooling/performance issues.

Keep an eye on it and it should be ok

Ordered from a company originally in the Ukraine that, due to current events, moved to Tblisi, Georgia. Still being shipped to me but, under the circumstances, very happy they were able to come through. It’s a competition Military Saber by Kvetun. I’m an historical fencer.

5 Likes

So what’s up with its tip? Is the buyer supposed to have it sharpened by himself, maybe as a means to allow the item through customs? Or are this kind of objects not supposed to ever be sharpened?

Well, the original SSD is long gone, but yeah, I had to use cpupower to limit how far it could extend it’s power threshold because it was staying at it’s turbo clocks entirely too long and getting overly warm for my tastes.

Competitive is the keyword. It’s not supposed to be sharp, or sharpened.

Things might get akward if you kill your opponent, and getting rid of the heaps of dead bodies during tournaments would be a hassle.

4 Likes

It’s a “rolled tip”. It’s one of the ways you can blunt the weapon so you don’t actually run your opponent through. My other sword is a spatulated tip. I still have to cover that one with leather. On the other hand, some competitions permit use of the rolled tip without any further covering.

1 Like

Well I can recognize my own ignorance here. I actually thought this was supposed to be some kind of mantelpiece adorning real-life replica.

Agree that would involve some complex logistics.

2 Likes

@JKMooney That looks really nice and well made. I wish the NCO sword we used in the U.S. Marine Corps had a rolled tip like that. I do not know how many times I, and other Marines, cut their ear when learning the Manual of Arms for it. I hope it works well for you. All I can really say is… swords are cool.

Did I hear someone say logistics?!? Do you need something moved? I can help you with that.