Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

104179_5

https://www.bluebrixx.com/de/star-trek/104179/Star-Trek-Borg-Kubus-BlueBrixx-Pro

6 Likes

I hope you put brew on there for more than just neofetch, right? :joy:

Nice machine btw! ( I know, unpopular opinion around here :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:)

1 Like

One minirig is cool! Iā€™ve had the yellow one for two years, maybe.
But two minirigs, now thatā€™s a decent upgrade to the lets-not-really-comment-on-it speakers on this pinebook pro.

So in November I bought the black one from the Minirig site. Thanks to Brexit (theyā€™re built in Bristol), it was in the Customs office for about one entire month, but it was worth the waiting. So I got them in late December. These girls rock!

IMG_20220125_135611

7 Likes

Not a purchase but a birthday present, seemed very fittingā€¦

17 Likes

Just an update on the APC Back-UPS ups system I got recently. Apparently I was the victim of a rebox(!) and it didnā€™t come with the correct cables that it should have. On top of that, It didnā€™t communicate even with a cable!

Fired it back to Amazon, and got a replacement (complete) and had it running with all optional capabilities within minutes. There is little goody called apcupsd (see the .com and/or the Archwiki) that works fine with these units - mostly the defaults are pretty good too! requires starting and enabling a service, and quick blast through the config file, and thatā€™s all. Happy again!

4 Likes

I received my new keyboard yesterday!
I went from an inexpensive outemu blue board to this Topre Jewel: the HHKB Professional Classic with white printed keycaps.
So far, I truly like it. I am not that much disturbed by the layout (vim and Emacs user) as it also is my first QWERTY and ANSI keyboard (Iā€™m French so I used AZERTY ISO my whole life). Itā€™s also my first 60%.

Very well built, sounds really good and extremely, I insist, extremely pleasing to type on.

hhkb-box
hhkb
hhkb-2

Would definitely recommend it.

7 Likes

I bought a harpsichord. Well, I had one built for me, itā€™s not yet finished. Should be done before Christmas, Iā€™ll post a picture of it when itā€™s finished. Currently, itā€™s just a very acoustic, fancy box:

IMG-20220217-WA0004

14 Likes

Is this a single or double?

Single manual, Italian style, late 17th, early 18th century. One 8ā€™ stop, with a split lute stop. It has the manual at an angle, so itā€™s like a large spinet.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not really that familiar with them but was looking at the info on the different ones. Very nice!

1 Like

wow thatā€™s awesome!
coincidentally i just watched a video of someone playing a cover of Lancerā€™s theme from Deltarune :smiley:

2 Likes

Noted the shapes and styles. Does this mean that the harpsichord videos you post will sooner or later be you playing? :musical_keyboard: :musical_note:

A Philips SHP 9500:
IMG20220225172047
IMG20220225171742

Comparing them to my old earphones, they are pretty nice, the sound is a lot ā€˜cleanerā€™ or ā€˜smootherā€™, like honey :slightly_smiling_face:

I accidentally played music at 100% volume and I thought I damaged these, since after that I heard pops/crackling in my music. Turned out it was an issue with pipewire. However these are still revealing ā€˜clicksā€™ in a lot of (mainly YouTube ) music. I thought again these were damaged but I listened to the same music with my earphones with my phone and I still heard the click, although I did have to turn up the volume.
So, I guess the only thing left to do is apply EQ to lower the treble (tried the autoeq stuff with easyeffects, it diminishes the ā€˜honeyā€™ smoothness I was talking about, unfortunately).

But other than that, good pair of headphones.

2 Likes

Finally got myself a DSLR:

IMG_3372

Itā€™s a Nikon D7100, with Nikkor 24-50mm lens.
Absolutely loving it, though the lens is nothing to write home about but good to learn on I reckon.

Next on my shopping list is a mountain bike since mine gotten stolen in April last year.

8 Likes

Nikon makes good cameras. In my practice there were FM2, F3, F5, D70, D200 and D3. However, later switched to Canon and Sony. But it was a rather specific transition.
In any case, congratulations.
And the bike, although I donā€™t really like MTB, is always just a great purchase :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I replaced my baby today (baby got rear ended back in July while stopped for traffic and the person behind me didnā€™t even slow down)

8 Likes

Had a catastrophic power supply failure that took out the motherboard on my gaming rig. So I decided it was time to do an upgrade.

20220308_151839~2

Iā€‹ was able to reuse my SSDā€™s and my RTX 2070 Super.

8 Likes

Really?! My t480s does, I just had to get the 2242 form. Lenovo doesnā€™t do that anymore?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know EVERY model, but the L14G1A & T14G2A both no longer allow SSD in the WWAN. T14G1A does. Itā€™s my understanding (but not firsthand knowledge) that all the Intel G1 & G2ā€™s have stopped allowing it.

2 Likes

That sucks. Iā€™m super glad I got the model I did then. I went with the i5 since all the tests I read said it was as fast or faster than the i7 due to heat throttling. And I went 480 instead of 490 for the replaceable ram.

3 Likes