Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

I know everything I keep reading about consumer level fingerprint readers is that the hardware is “garbage” for security. It’s such low resolution checks that a password is actually more secure than it. So I’ve never tried to make one work on my machines either. They very well could work out of the box, but I don’t wish to implement something that’s actually less secure than a password, so, don’t check.

1 Like

Meanwhile at Microsoft:

Ooh…nice fingerprints you got.

:male_detective: :alien:

1 Like

I’m not even sure you can bypass it if Windows is installed?

This reminds me some nice iphone TouchID list.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things. . . But I’m afraid to get one for 2 reasons: I know I LOVE the ThinkPad keyboards, and I don’t want to be disappointed. It doesn’t have the trackpoint/physical mouse buttons like my Thinkpad and I usually use the mouse with my right hand on teh trackpad and use my left hand to click the mouse buttons. . . . So, the straight flat square mouse doesn’t excite me about the thinkbook line.

I’m sure it’s a super laptop though, and congrats on the purchase!

1 Like

That’s a beautiful camera! I’ve got a Fujifilm XT20. It’s just superb.

2 Likes

Good decision! I’ve been running a Sapphire RX 580 for about 2 years (bought at the normal price back then) and I haven’t regretted it for a second. Never again what from the green box …!

2 Likes

IMG20211220124439

Normally, my partner and me, we don’t gift each other for Christmas. But this year she mentioned once the wish for a mascot of her soccer team. So here it is: Fritzle

3 Likes

PXL_20211220_125518944

Haven’t had those for quite some time. Can’t wait to prepare the first pack :smiley:

6 Likes

Ooh nice!
Then you got that nice X-Trans sensor…
Sadly mine has a regular Bayer sensor…
Only paid 200 euros, bundled with the 15-45 lens, so i can’t really complain.

Getting my e-bike in early january! Quite happy, but it was not cheap.
This is from the brand Rayvolt.
IMG_20211215_103832

5 Likes

Very Nice! It looks retro.

1 Like

It is retro looking, but this particular model (Rayvolt Clubman) just came out. It got all the options, and it’s actually my first “vehicle”.

add me to the list of jealous people! :bike:

2 Likes

Not exactly exciting, but maybe this one will take a charge properly! At the least a new version of Android and a couple of years of updates (plus a better camera!)

20211221_084823

6 Likes

That’s a nice phone in the same price range as my one plus Nord except i didn’t get the 5G version.

Not sure why I did - as I don’tt use data (or even have it ON very often) - but that what was the Koodo hut had in stock that looked OK…

At least it should perform OK when I’m out using it for navigating! :grin:

Affér MacBook Air 2017

Just got a new case for my system…now to sort it out properly…Phanteks Enthoo 719
20211224_124352
20211224_125130

10 Likes

fujifilm cameras are awesome. I have a quite old X-E1 but it still works phenomenally.