Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

That looks awesome. . . is that like a hi-def dac?? It works with Linux?!?

IMG_20211204_142844

And also:

IMG_20211204_143146

iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit. Probably the best thing I have bought lately.
Now I can finally unleash my “Pro” self :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

You . . . are my hero.

2 Likes

At least it is described as a Hi-Res Dac and explains with Linux out of the box. Since yesterday with PipeWire, before that also without problems with PulseAudio. Compared to my onboard sound, it’s like someone pulled the wattage plugs out of my ears. The bass separation is much cleaner and more precise. No longer so muddy.

1 Like

Programmable 4x4 key matrix

Very handy for controlling media when I study.

6 Likes

Small bookshelf monitors for my music production setup; M-Audio AV30. Never used any M-Audio stuff before these, but liking them so far. Relatively accurate in the short time I’ve been using them :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I prefer French press coffee but again they’re different drinks completely :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

This or schiit box. Always wanted one of these.

Got one of these

as well but it hasn’t been used much lately. I am kind of Espresso all in :coffee::yum:

2 Likes

Bild

3 Likes

Surely there are a lot of good and even better DACs incl. headphone amplifier, but with my cheap boxes that would be pearls before swine. Also, there is not so much available right now.

1 Like

For a long time I used an external M-Audio sound card - the most pleasant memories.

1 Like

It would probably take less time, be less stressful, and cause fewer arguments playing a full game of 40k… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I recently upgraded my WFH setup, new NUC for endeavour, desk, monitor, keyboard and speakers… it was a fun couple of weeks waiting for everything to be delivered

9 Likes

So far I’ve only played the pen and paper and somehow that unfortunately went wrong once and the second time the psionicist turned into a demon…

1 Like

@pannxe Where did you find that? Lazada?

Shopee. I’ll DM you the actual link :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Nice setup! The keyboard looks interesting. Do you have a link?
And I have to ask: What’s up with the sneaker? :thinking:

What kind of NUC is this? I’ve been looking for a fast web station for EOS, your setup looks perfect.