Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

@Zircon34 how do you like the Kensington trackball? I’m debating getting one for music production on my spare machine? They look mighty nice and I’m just about ready to pull the trigger on it…

Have a look at the Logitech Ergo M575. It’s a hybrid mouse/trackball. In a way the best of both worlds, but not quite the same as a pure trackball. I have an older version which is great. Not for gamers though I suppose.

Love it! It works great and auto connects once I switch on bluetooth and click on the two mouse buttons. Took me a couple of time to get used to the workflow.

I want to buy a second one for work!

1 Like

I actually have both, my trackball and razor mouse connected at the same time. Some time I switch back and forth when I feel like it :grin:

Well look at you Mr. Bling! :rofl:

I ended up collecting a few things … now I need to decide which of my current boxes gets sacrificed for the upgrade …
stuff

morestuff

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see what you think of the 5700G as I’m going to do the same with an old Intel Q6600 Quad core. I have an MSI B550 board. I just need the processor and ram and maybe a new m.2 drive as it only has an SSD.

Edit: Curious how much the monitor cost? I have two 24" Samsung gaming Monitors sitting here new in boxes also.

1 Like

The monitor set me back 399USD - I debated going with dual monitors, but spent a little time looking at monitors in real life and am thinking I might find the curved wide screen more comfortable. I am not really a big gamer, but need space for assorted IDE’s, webpages, spreadsheets, etc.

I’ve never hooked up two monitors but one day i will because they are just sitting here.

Back before covid, when I used to have to GO to one of my worksites we had flexible seating with a few desks that had dual 24" monitor setups … I have to admit they were nice - you should set those up this weekend. :slight_smile:

I might…but i also have a 40" HD tv screen i was going to mount on the wall above them. It’s also sitting here in a box since over a year ago.

something like this (except with KDE) …
tvstuff

4 Likes

Just an aside - mounting monitors with widely differing ‘eye heights’ can be contra-indicated for an long-term use - very tiring is a strong possibility! Try a ‘dry run’ with a piece of paper standing in for the big one, and test drive the effect of looking at it as well as the others…

I have divergent monitors setup, but the vertical centreline of both is close, and I have adjust the pixel density to be similar as well (see more recent screenshots here for the effect).

Of course, the younger you are, the less this applies! :grin:

Looks like a good selection of pieces! Look out for ‘default’ overvoltage of the processor from BIOS settings - if not gaming a lot, then the extra heat and performance doesn’t seem worth it, especially as it can usually boost as needed. OTOH, cranking u0 the RAM speed seems to have no downside (and you’ve go the headroom!) - strongly suspect the effect of competition on MB makers (we’re faster! :grin:). Research is worth it…

Thanks for the tips … I am not looking for maximum performance, so good to know I might want to scale back on default settings … maybe I’ll experiment with OC for the RAM while I am at it :slight_smile:

I got an ultrawide because I wanted a lot of screen space and can’t be arsed with multiple monitors. It’s just easier to use one large screen. And it looks better like this. This display cost me 800 euros and I also bought a monitor arm for it which was nother 80, but it was so worth it.

2 Likes

at this point my only worry is that I will regret getting this less-expensive widescreen (3440x1440 21:9) vs going all in on something like this Odyssey at 5120x1440 … of course that one is more than 2.5x the cost and not really in my price range

My Legion 15 pro with lid wrap. Got the $1399 special.

Legion 15 Pro

9 Likes

I think you have stumbled over the true reason many of us settle for multi-monitor setups! It would be less expensive to double up on your monitor choice, and you would end up with 6880x1440 that way. Or, with flat screens, it wouldn’t be hard to find a decent 7680x2160 setup with flat screens…

Funny how the wishes of the eventual customer are not high on the list of ‘build it or not’ decisions - far lower in priority than, say, profitability!

1 Like

It has been on my desk for 2 days now and is worth every ct (FiiO K5 Pro):

20211204_141218

5 Likes