Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Guess the cat loves the mouse :cat: :mouse:

1 Like

And let me guess. The cat & the mouse are named Tom and Jerry?

Pudge

Waxing balls makes them smootherā€¦ Got it!

Thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Ahh finally someone who gets it! Itā€™s pretty amazing, I watched one of DTā€™s youtube movie and of course he got me convinced to try it. So got one for my bday, more expensive but well worth it!!!

1 Like

ZK-MT21 size
I bought this ZK-MT21 for $13 USD when my Polk subwoofer blew up. It uses the same chip as the rather famous Fosi 30D - but a simpler box - and costs a quarter of the price.

My Yamaha Receiver also has died - itā€™s a bad month. I wonā€™t tell you

how that happened...

I was impressed with how it ran the subwoofer, and hooked it up to my main speakers - but my son paired up bluetooth and played music whilst my Yamaha Receiver was still turned on :frowning:

Anyway, just to let you know - this thing is now driving my Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers plus the Polk Subwoofer upstairs, and Iā€™ve another 2x50W version (just $6 for that one) downstairs to drive my B&Wā€™s.

Bluetooth 5, works well - window rattling power from a 19V laptop PSU (I use an old Asus) and with less power from an old Sony Bluetooth player PSU (rather modest volumes for that one)ā€¦

Class D amplifiers do HiFi quite nicely - wherever I go with my laptop/tablet/phone :wink: all my speakers are now active bluetooth now.

3 Likes

Yep Class D amps a fine but a bit bass light compared to class B but it could be the later is coloured in the bass?.

Not any more for sure, bass is smooth at least down to 28Hz on my boxes - Iā€™m genuinely shocked thinking it would only be good as a limited subwoofer amplifier.

So you are super human and can hear if a 28hz tone is within 1db at 28hz. Lol. I did not even say the bass was bad i said it feels bass light meaning it is different to analog produced sound that could be its cleaner you know its only a cheap amp cant be compared to the best not even against other class D amps. the bass is not as powerful in delivery from the Fosi 20A as my Yamaha 1000, (through Ruark speakers old but top flight if a bit power hungry) nor is it as clean or musical but still is better than most analog amps that is for sure and so small. very impressive for the money mind you.

I was looking for a sound bar for the TV. I didnā€™t find anything I liked. I ended up with this:

The S.M.S.L AD18 is a very compact Class D amplifier and works very well in this application.
I have been happy with this setup since I installed it. I got all three components from Prime Day sale, so it only cost me a little more than the sound bar I had liked most.

Pudge

1 Like

A 16oz Strbcks coffee mug thatā€™s sold at their Bangkok outlets.

IMG_20210923_104352

6 Likes

Yes, just the upgraded packaging is worth the extraā€¦ I saw that model on Shopee for 2400 baht - $70. Still stupid cheap for the return!!!

Ā£139 in the UK Amazon

IMG_20211009_122943

Easy SMX9110 PS3, Pc, Android, Tablets

works good so far no connections problems runs oot with linux :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Been a while since Iā€™ve posted here, heck I took a couple months off and used my phone rather than a computer since it almost does everything I wantā€¦ almost.

So, been a lot of purchases, but Iā€™m only going to share a few, starting with

photo_2021-10-11_15-45-59

The laptop stand came in yesterday, it reduces clutter on the desktop by doubling as a phone and tablet stand. The computer (Lenovo FLEX5 5300U/8/256/14HST) I got about a month ago, and the keyboard a few weeks before that. Love the computer, running Gnome, and most features are working, and those that donā€™t are mostly a matter of me not making the effort to get them working. I might possibly get around to writing a review and posting it on my blog some day.

Another purchase is because itā€™s Halloweenā€¦
photo_2021-10-11_15-45-48
Another inflatable, saw the dinosaur and couldnā€™t resist ordering it. Can you tell that I enjoy Halloween?

3 Likes

This: 725ml for Ā£1.70! Thatā€™s almost the same size as a bottle of wine. Absolute bargain in the UK. Lots of tasty Asian cooking to be done. My last bottle was only 250ml for about Ā£2.50. Yum!
fishsauce_result

4 Likes

I have this exact bottle, I canā€™t figure out anything to use it for other than Thai chicken over rice. Its been in the cupboard ever since. Any recipes you plan to make with this?

Well basically speaking Fish Sauce is a bit like Soy Sauce, itā€™s salty with a bit more flavour and aroma. In Japan and China they use Soy Sauce but in Thailand and Vietnam and some other East Asian countries they also use Fish Sauce as well as Shrimp Paste and other things to add to flavour. Itā€™s not a case of recipes, itā€™s more a case of experimenting. Fish Sauce has a strong aroma though. You can add it as a condiment but if you donā€™t like the smell then you can add it earlier to cook it in and avoid that.

I donā€™t really follow recipes anymore, Iā€™ve been cooking all my life. I suggest a bit of research online. There are plenty of good ideas out there, but once you get comfortable with what ingredients can do then you donā€™t need specific recipes anymore. Itā€™s a journey. All I would add to that is donā€™t add friends round to a dinner party until you are happy with what works and what doesnā€™t! :wink:

2 Likes

Adding this as a condiment is a nono for me, the smell makes me wanna throw up. But cooked, wow, its like sweet and salty at the same time, tastes amazing. Iā€™m chinese and soy sauce is a staple in my household because I do all the cooking at home (my wife doesnā€™t cook), but fish sauce I hardly touch, maybe I should experiment a little like you said.

1 Like

Glad you liked it! Another thing worth checking out is Spanish Smoked Paprika. It really needs to be the one from the Vera Region if you can get it. It adds a very special smokiness to almost anything. Itā€™s really quite addictive. You can either cook with it or add it like a sprinkle like pepper. Itā€™s like a better barbecue seasoning or like the smokiness from smoked bacon, except without the meat or obviously the texture. I recommend the sweet version, not the hot one. You can always add chilli heat through other sauces/powders.

i wholeheartedly agree with this, thatā€™s how cooking works.

I went about this the other way around: Iā€™ve invited friends to play around with ingredients. everyone got to mix and match a small numer of ingredients out of a large choice. then we all sat and ate, trying out every dish and deciding for our selves what we like best. we called them cooking sessions. after gathering and deciding for a theme (asian cuisine, mexican, etc), we would make a shopping list and go shopping together. sometimes we would spin a globe to see what theme we would choose.

3 Likes