Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Finally found some actual POWERED USB hubs. I bought a 4-port one for my Raspberry Pi 4, and a 7-port one for my desktop. Sure, I was finding “powered” USB hubs, but they were “powered” by nothing more than a modified cell phone charger. These come with a separate 12v 2a power supply that you plug into the wall. With this 12v 2a adapter and the 5v 1a from the bus, I am no longer having power issues with my external drives on my Raspberry Pi 4.

DSC_0370

12 Likes

Hexagonal RGB Leds on the wall
Aka poor man’s nano leaf

20201107_145442

23 Likes

Got these today, with slight tweaking of the bass/treble knobs and EQ they get pretty darn close to flatish response for only 110$ (your price may vary)
edifier

16 Likes

I held myself for too long…
Your “designer friends” sign REALLY pisses me off!!! :scream: :scream_cat:

:see_no_evil: Perfectionist’s Hell

P.S. btw your PC looks like that monkey meme on left picture, if you look on cooling circles and glowing line like mouth :rofl:

5 Likes

thahaha, in real life it’s even worse,
I purposely added in some jpeg compression artefacts to complete the joke, and I made sure the pics background wasn’t pure white, so you’d see that border when printing :grin:

I know, I’m an evil genius :rofl:

(and yet somehow some people tell me they don’t get it )

WTH? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Tell me about it…I’ve seen people who can’t tell difference between 64 Kbps mp3 and flac… :exploding_head:

I know, i can’t unsee it now! :rofl:

1 Like

BTW if anyones curious, didnt get these today but the rest of the setup is

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Jds Atom

and Grado SR80e’s

7 Likes

I love Edifier. You get so much good sound for your money!

I have a pair of Edifier myself:

Edifier-R1280DB-Studio-03

7 Likes

Those are some 1280Ts nice, you want an EQ for them that fixes some of the frequency response wonkiness?

The 1280Ts are pretty much the best 100$ or less you can get, they need just a slight EQ for near perfection and they can go full pot without distortion

EDIT:
Maiky76 has a nice EQ for them you can replicate on linux with PulseEffects for some seriously nice 1280T sound

1 Like

I want the table covering. :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha, I had them here before:

xy7MJOr

Unfortunately, I got marks from the sun :confused:

2 Likes

You’re looking at the wrong thing.

“Zoom! Enhance!”

3 Likes

Nothing worse than monkey-PC looking at you in there anyway :laughing:
But @Krimkerre could use some more privacy focus :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Monkey is guarding the place…

Anyways, even I can hardly recognize the stuff in the reflection, and it’s my own damn place :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Shiny objects – it’s impossible to be aware of them all. I always put on trousers when taking photos of my home.

5 Likes

Amateur! :shushing_face:

1 Like

It’s still a computer doing guesswork to fill in the blanks…

1 Like

Sometimes scary good :upside_down_face:

It’s too late, bioluminescent alphabet agencies know all about you :rofl:

:male_detective:

2 Likes

@Echoa and @anon9173994 I love the quality of sound that the Edifier speakers put out. I use them in my “man cave” for my TV/ multimedia center.

edifier

(Sorry for the crappy picture)

7 Likes
OT

Someone has a thing for crime/police dramas I see… (hint: Fargo is pretty good if you haven’t seen it - I’m only just watching S1 now, I avoided it until now because I can’t stand Martin Freeman).

3 Likes